CX3 SPI, Multiple Slaves

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AkCh_1378701
Level 3
Level 3
First like given

Hi sir,

In my system, there are multiple SPI slaves there.

Question

i'd like to use a single SPI master (cx3 in this case) controlling multiple SPI slaves.. is there any reference design?  like typical connection and reference code for that..

i was wondering how to get additional ss1 pin and ss2 pin as a slave select for those additional spi  slaves?

can i select unused gpios as slave select pins, is there any reference code for allocating those GPIOs as a SS1 pin and a SS1 pin?

have a nice day.

thanks sir.

0 Likes
1 Solution
YashwantK_46
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 50 likes received

Hi,

Please refer to the following community thread: CYUSB3014 and Lattice ECP5 Flash selection

The above thread explains about the way to configure GPIO as SSN pins for multiple slaves and the firmware that is to be used inorder to get the required functionality.

There is also, a reference design attached.

Regards,
Yashwant

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
YashwantK_46
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 50 likes received

Hi,

Please refer to the following community thread: CYUSB3014 and Lattice ECP5 Flash selection

The above thread explains about the way to configure GPIO as SSN pins for multiple slaves and the firmware that is to be used inorder to get the required functionality.

There is also, a reference design attached.

Regards,
Yashwant

0 Likes