I'm using Spansion NAND S34ML02G1 and after a power fail data in the NAND has a ECC error and the first byte of the id is incorrect. A power cycle clears the problem and but a nand reset command does not. How can I clear the issue without a power cycle?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
StJo_4440806
Level 1
Level 1

I'm using Spansion NAND  S34ML02G1 and after a power fail data in the NAND it has some ECC errors and the first byte of the id is incorrect (FFDA909544 rather than 01DA909644), no matter how many times I read the ID the result is the same. A power cycle clears the problem but a nand reset command does not. How can I clear the issue without a power cycle?

After further investigation the issue occurs when the power drops to around 2.15V and then goes back to 3.3V. If it drops below this all is ok, I assume below this internal reset circuit kicks in.

0 Likes
1 Solution
SudheeshK
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi Stephen,

Please see the comments from our product experts below.

SkyHigh’s NAND FLASH memory products have a set core VCC voltage range of 2.7V to 3.6V (S34ML-1/S34ML-2) with the 'Low VCC Lock-out Voltage' feature. The purpose of the “Low VCC Lock-Out Voltage" feature is a hardware data protection measure which detects low VCC level that automatically inhibits write operations during power transitions. The "Low VCC Lock-Out Voltage" disables both program and erases operations. This feature protects data from inadvertent program or erases operations. If any SkyHigh FLASH memory product operates at the lockout voltage or lower, SkyHigh cannot guarantee any operation without a power cycle of the device to re-initialize and function correctly.

Since, the operating voltage in your application reaches very close to lock out voltage, you must power cycle the flash device to re-initialize properly. There is no way to re-initialize the flash other than power cycle.

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
SudheeshK
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi Stephen,

Please see the comments from our product experts below.

SkyHigh’s NAND FLASH memory products have a set core VCC voltage range of 2.7V to 3.6V (S34ML-1/S34ML-2) with the 'Low VCC Lock-out Voltage' feature. The purpose of the “Low VCC Lock-Out Voltage" feature is a hardware data protection measure which detects low VCC level that automatically inhibits write operations during power transitions. The "Low VCC Lock-Out Voltage" disables both program and erases operations. This feature protects data from inadvertent program or erases operations. If any SkyHigh FLASH memory product operates at the lockout voltage or lower, SkyHigh cannot guarantee any operation without a power cycle of the device to re-initialize and function correctly.

Since, the operating voltage in your application reaches very close to lock out voltage, you must power cycle the flash device to re-initialize properly. There is no way to re-initialize the flash other than power cycle.

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheesh

0 Likes