ADC Marked as Prototype

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
shge_4395051
Level 4
Level 4
25 sign-ins 25 replies posted First solution authored

Hello,

I'm using PSOC creator 4.2 and a prototyping kit "CY8CKIT-147".  I have two questions. 

First, when I drop in a SAR ADC, it has a "prototype" watermark appended to it.  Why is this?

Second, I cannot seem to add an analog 4x1 MUX to my design.  I could really use two of these but adding only one triggers a macrocell resource error. 

Here are the current resources in my design:

1 Soft Uart

1 SAR ADC

1 OpAmp

Do I need a larger device to accomplish this project?

Thanks,

Shawn

0 Likes
4 Replies
shge_4395051
Level 4
Level 4
25 sign-ins 25 replies posted First solution authored

I solved the issues with adding the muxes.  I had previously copied muxes from one schematic that used a different device to my current schematic.  I now know not to do this again.

The ADC still displays as a prototype device though.

0 Likes
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hello Shawn,

What is the component version you are using ? Could you go to tools and press Find new component option and confirm components are up-to-date ?

Best Regards,
Vasanth

0 Likes

I updated the Scanning ADC but it still has a “Prototype” watermark on it. The datasheet shows it with the “prototype” watermark too. I must have the most up to date version. I’d like to know what this watermark means.

Shawn Gerber

Manufacturing Engineer Manager

Wagner Electronic Products Inc.

326 Pine Grove Road

Rogue River, OR 97537

Office: (541) 582-0541 x238

http://www.WagnerMeters.com/<http://www.wagnermeters.com/>

0 Likes
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hello Shawn,

Could you please share your project ? In PSoC Creator ,  go to File -> Create Workspace Bundle -> Select minimal. Please attach the generated file.

Best Regards,
Vasanth

0 Likes