CY7C65215: Do GPIOs configured as inputs always have an internal 5K6 pull-up enabled ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
HiKo_1237016
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have been searching the datasheet for this. The only information i found so far is that there is a value for "Rpullup" (min. 3.5K, typ. 5.6K, max 8.5K).

Does this mean that an input pin always has an internal pullup enabled, or does it mean that an external pullup resistor within this range is recommended ?

Regards

0 Likes
1 Solution
YatheeshD_36
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

The GPIO pins when configured as input will not be pulled high or low. Note that the input pins should not be left unconnected as mentioned in the datasheet. Please have a pull up of recommended value on the GPIO pins when configured as input.

Best Regards,

Yatheesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
YatheeshD_36
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

The GPIO pins when configured as input will not be pulled high or low. Note that the input pins should not be left unconnected as mentioned in the datasheet. Please have a pull up of recommended value on the GPIO pins when configured as input.

Best Regards,

Yatheesh

0 Likes

Thanks for the clarification. However, I found some info in KBA85921:

It says: "CY7C65213 inputs have an internal 5.6-kΩ pull-up resistor to VCCIO."

So it seems that the CY7C65213 and Cy7C65215 do handle IOs different, This difference was a bit surprising to me.

We will add the recommended pull ups.

Best regards,

Hilmar

0 Likes