4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 23, 2015 11:34 AM by kwang

SDK2.2: issues with standard string functions

I was stuck by the compiled errors that failed to build because of undefined reference of some common string functions.

See below capture from build.

C:\Users\alexleung\Documents\WICED\WICED-Smart-SDK-2.2.1\WICED-Smart-SDK\Wiced-Smart\spar/../../Apps/myBeacon_manage/myBeacon_manage.c:664: undefined reference to `strtok'

C:\Users\alexleung\Documents\WICED\WICED-Smart-SDK-2.2.1\WICED-Smart-SDK\Wiced-Smart\spar/../../Apps/myBeacon_manage/myBeacon_manage.c:669: undefined reference to `strtok'

C:\Users\alexleung\Documents\WICED\WICED-Smart-SDK-2.2.1\WICED-Smart-SDK\Wiced-Smart\spar/../../Apps/myBeacon_manage/myBeacon_manage.c:681: undefined reference to `strcmp'

C:\Users\alexleung\Documents\WICED\WICED-Smart-SDK-2.2.1\WICED-Smart-SDK\Wiced-Smart\spar/../../Apps/myBeacon_manage/myBeacon_manage.c:710: undefined reference to `strncpy'

makefile:152: recipe for target '../../build/myBeacon_manage-BCM920737TAG_Q32-rom-ram-Wiced-release/A_20737A1-myBeacon_manage-rom-ram-spar.elf' failed

I have included in C file

#include "stdio.h"

#include "string.h"

I am so confused since these string functions are so common and every C compiler can support them.

Please advise what I am missing and how to resolve them.