3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 27, 2019 6:02 PM by LisaZ_26

Power SDK DPM interfering with I2C slave messaging

JoLo_4180566

I've modified the Power SDK to work with a custom power delivery design. Our design uses an external processor acting as a master with some I2C voltage regulators attached to it. The processor continuously polls the CCG3PA (CYPD-3175) and if the CCG3PA stack requires a voltage to be delivered, it will respond to the poll with the desired voltage. This works most of the time but occasionally, I get a dropped packet or a duplicate packet.

I am using the I2C example for the CCG3PA and have tried both polling and interrupt modes. It is part of the main loop. I instrumented the packets with a sequence number and when the dpm/app tasks are not running, it works fine, i.e. packets are in sequence. When I start the DPM, it affects something in the I2C stack that causes the phenomena described above. Without any sources to the DPM, I can't tell if the dpm task call or the app call are causing some time delays that would affect the I2C. My loop is something like this:

main calls process loop

process loop pseudo code:

if (dpm_enabled)

{

dpm_task(port);

app_task(port);

}

if (I2C_1_I2C_SSTAT_WR_CMPLT)

{

respond to master request

i2c read buffer gets data

I2C_1_I2CSlaveClearWriteBuf();

(void) I2C_1_I2CSlaveClearWriteStatus();

}

if (I2C_1_I2C_SSTAT_RD_CMPLT)

{

I2C_1_I2CSlaveClearReadBuf();

(void) I2C_1_I2CSlaveClearReadStatus();

}

return to main

Does the DPM or the APP task do any blocking or anything else that might cause an occasional delay? Are there any timing tricks that I can try to help alleviate this problem?