Windows 8.1 64-bit drivers

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am trying to bring up a WCD4_EVB on a Windows 8.1 machine. I have downloaded and installed the 3.1.2 WICED IDE but the drivers (apparently) did not get installed. When I plug the EVB into the USB slot, it shows up unrecognized in Device Manager.

I tried to manually install from the SDK drivers folder. But when I try to run "Dpinst" it asks me to "contact the vendor" for a 64-bit version of the installer.

Is there anything obvious I am missing? I am completely new to the WICED environment, so any help would be appreciated!

Thank you!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have found the solution on this thread:

Re: installing issues related to 64-bit Windows 7 and to FTDI drivers

Noting the solution here since it is "hidden" in the above discussion. The 64-bit installer is available at:

http://www.inventeksys.com/wp-content/uploads/v1.5.zip

Once you extract this, and run the .exe, there is a Dpinst_amd64.exe within that takes care of setting up the drivers... At that point, you can plug in the EVB and you are good to go.

However, it would be nice if Broadcom could include the 64-bit installer as part of the SDK so that others do not run into this issue in the future...mwf_mmfae

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have found the solution on this thread:

Re: installing issues related to 64-bit Windows 7 and to FTDI drivers

Noting the solution here since it is "hidden" in the above discussion. The 64-bit installer is available at:

http://www.inventeksys.com/wp-content/uploads/v1.5.zip

Once you extract this, and run the .exe, there is a Dpinst_amd64.exe within that takes care of setting up the drivers... At that point, you can plug in the EVB and you are good to go.

However, it would be nice if Broadcom could include the 64-bit installer as part of the SDK so that others do not run into this issue in the future...mwf_mmfae