pins' interrupt

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
jizh_1737961
Level 2
Level 2
5 replies posted First question asked First reply posted

I am trying to use two pins to test the phase difference of two input signals.

It is fine I can test the signal's period and duty cycle, but I can't get a correct phase difference. The value of phase difference is much large than signal period! Is there someone can help out?

I attached my project files which can be run in CY8CKIT-059 Kit. Pin1.6 and pin1.7 are connected; Pin0.6 and pin0.7 are connected

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Ekta, thanks for your reply. I did modify on my project and I can measure the phase difference now by routine the connection of the two signals to a xor gate than measure the pulse width in one pin.

But I still can’t understand why my code can’t get the correct phase difference from two pins. Would you like to take a look at my code and help me to analysis why? Thanks.

Best regards,

Jim Zheng

发自我的 iPhone

在 2019年8月16日,上午7:42,EktaN_26 <community-manager@cypress.com> 写道:

CYPRESS DEVELOPER COMMUNITY

pins' interrupt

reply from EktaN_26 in PSoC 5LP MCU Community - View the full discussion

Hello Jim,

As per my understanding, I think you are trying to measure the phase delay between TestSig_1 and TestSig_2 generated by the PWM component. These pins are then externally connected to PWMxIn_1 and PWMxIn_2 respectively whch will trigger an interrupt. The dead time was set to 200 in the PWM component.

I tried to observe the waveform of the TestSig_1 and TestSig_2. In this case I had set the dead time to 250 cycles and the waveform was as follows:

https://community.cypress.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-206251-409128/1600-803/pastedImage_2.png

Here, Blue corresponds to TestSig_1 and Red corresponds to TestSig_2.

https://community.cypress.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-206251-409127/468-349/pastedImage_1.png

You can also measure the phase delay by the help of a 16 bit counter. In order to do this you can trigger (start) the counter inside the interrupt Handler of the first Interrupt (PulsehiISR_1) and read the value of the the counter inside the interrupt Handler of the second interrupt (PulsehiISR_2). The value of the counter can be used to observe if the value of the phase difference is greater than the signal period.

Best Regards

Ekta

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Cypress Developer Community

Start a new discussion in PSoC 5LP MCU Community by email or at Cypress Developer Community

Following pins' interrupt in these streams: Inbox

This email was sent by Cypress Developer Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Cypress Developer Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hello Jim,

As per my understanding, I think you are trying to measure the phase delay between TestSig_1 [P0(7)] and TestSig_2 [P1(7)] generated by the PWM component. These pins are then externally connected to PWMxIn_1 and PWMxIn_2 respectively whch will trigger an interrupt. The dead time was set to 200 in the PWM component.

I tried to observe the waveform of the TestSig_1 and TestSig_2. In this case I had set the dead time to 250 cycles and the waveform was as follows:

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_1.png

You can also measure the phase delay by the help of a 16 bit counter. In order to do this you can trigger (start) the counter inside the interrupt Handler of the first Interrupt (PulsehiISR_1) and read the value of the the counter inside the interrupt Handler of the second interrupt (PulsehiISR_2). The value of the counter can be used to observe if the value of the phase difference is greater than the signal period.

Best Regards

Ekta

0 Likes

Hi Ekta, thanks for your reply. I did modify on my project and I can measure the phase difference now by routine the connection of the two signals to a xor gate than measure the pulse width in one pin.

But I still can’t understand why my code can’t get the correct phase difference from two pins. Would you like to take a look at my code and help me to analysis why? Thanks.

Best regards,

Jim Zheng

发自我的 iPhone

在 2019年8月16日,上午7:42,EktaN_26 <community-manager@cypress.com> 写道:

CYPRESS DEVELOPER COMMUNITY

pins' interrupt

reply from EktaN_26 in PSoC 5LP MCU Community - View the full discussion

Hello Jim,

As per my understanding, I think you are trying to measure the phase delay between TestSig_1 and TestSig_2 generated by the PWM component. These pins are then externally connected to PWMxIn_1 and PWMxIn_2 respectively whch will trigger an interrupt. The dead time was set to 200 in the PWM component.

https://community.cypress.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-206251-409128/1600-803/pastedImage_2.png

https://community.cypress.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-206251-409127/468-349/pastedImage_1.png

Best Regards

Ekta

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Cypress Developer Community

Start a new discussion in PSoC 5LP MCU Community by email or at Cypress Developer Community

Following pins' interrupt in these streams: Inbox

This email was sent by Cypress Developer Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Cypress Developer Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

0 Likes