1. You should be able to do HW debug by following steps mentioned in the thread Cypress CYW920719Q40-B1 eval kit debugging
Could you please let us know which step you are facing issues?
2. Programming via Jlink interface is not supported on 20719. Customer should use HCI UART interface for programming or upgrading the FW. Please refer to WICED-HCI-Control-Protocol.pdf in WICED Studio
3. Could you please double check the board revision ? I will check internally for 1.0 files.
Note: 20719B2 is now available: CYW20719B2 Product Guide
thanks for your reply.
I) I am facing issue with GDB server connection with evaluation board. please refer attached error image
2) is there any specific tool available to update firmware? we are looking for a standalone programmer for flash?
3) my board revision is 1.0, we purchased this from mouser.
- Can you check in the device manager if Jlink port is enumerated and listed ( To confirm if drivers are installed correctly)?
- Just to double confirm, did you removed PUART code and pins as mentioned in the previous thread?
- As mentioned in that thread, if you are using Windows 10 or earlier causing driver issue , please follow the below links:
2. is there any specific tool available to update firmware? we are looking for a standalone programmer for flash?
A) Please check if Cypress programmer will be helpful or not : https://www.cypress.com/products/psoc-programming-solutions
Thanks for your reply and schematic.
I will go through this.
Just to let you know, The issue of GDB server still there. I already checked with my computer device manager, the JTAG populated correctly. I also do not have those 4 jumpers, which are mentioned in that thread.
What i understand is JTAG is not able to get connect with evaluation board. JTAG successfully able to connect with computer.
If you look into the thread you mentioned, before start debugging, the GDB server should show, "wait for connection". But, i don't see that.
As i mentioned earlier, my evaluation board revision is 0.1, where in that thread, they person successfully able to connect was using board revision 2.1. the person used 2.0 was unsuccessful to get JTAG connection establish. Any clue what else i need to do?