1) Our tools to validate the operation of the CY4532 EVK have arrived. Using this external Type A PCB, we can perform QC2.0 / QC3.0 triggers. Using QC2.0, we can select 5.0v..12v but in selecting 20.0v, the VBUS_A remains @ 12v.
Suspecting this has to do with default QC2.0 Class A support rather than Class B support.
2) How can we test the support of QC2.0 & QC3.0 with Class B profile? We wish to be able to dial up 20V using the fixed steps and also the PPS mode. Earlier today, we could step the voltage using QC3.0 from 5.0 to 12.0 using 0.2 or 0.3 volt steps. QC2.0 was able to skip steps from 5.0 to 12.0 volts but even though our QC2.0 trigger for 20.0v was selected, the EVK remained @ 12.0v. Believe the trigger is +3v3 on D+ and D- lines for 20v output.
3) After refreshing our CLA source code folder with a fresh copy - we are back to working QC2.0 (5v..12v).
4) Please assist with details on how to support QC2.0 / QC3.0 (PPS) upto 20v.
Will keep reading in the meantime.
1. You are correct that CCG3PA CLA firmware us QC3.0 Class A. You can change the configuration with Ez-PD configuration Utility from QC3.0 Class A to QC3.0 Class B.
2. If you want to know how to refreshing firmware on CY4532. You can refer to getting start of CCG3PA: https://www.cypress.com/file/363656/download )