How to make PSOC 3 programmable in field without connecting the miniprog programmer.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
SAKU_3733026
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I want to make my PSOC 3 device programmable from the FPGA I2C line without any help of miniprog programmer.

If any other way to program my PSOC device will also be fine.

Devie: CY8C32LTI-163

Regards,

Saurav Kumar

0 Likes
1 Solution
GeonaP_26
250 solutions authored 100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored

I hope you are using CY8C3245LTI-163.

You can use Host Sourced Serial Programming (HSSP) or I2C based Bootloading​ (AN60317) to update PSoC device flash using external MCU. HSSP uses programming lines and bootloading uses communication ports. Please refer to associated application notes for more information.

Since you are using I2C lines, you can use the bootloader component available in PSoC 3 devices. It updates device flash using command response packets over selected communication protocol. The part who initiates and updates the target device flash is called bootloader host. You can implement the bootloader host flow in the selected host. It needs to follow the bootloader protocol to update the device flash. I have appended command response structure and host communication flow for your reference. For more details, you can refer to the embedded MCU based bootloader host project (section: Steps to Create an I2C Bootloader Host Project of AN60317) and Bootloader component.

Bootloader Code Examples for PSoC® 3/PSoC 4/ PSoC 4BLE/PSoC 5LP

pastedImage_5.png

pastedImage_4.png

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
GeonaP_26
250 solutions authored 100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored

I hope you are using CY8C3245LTI-163.

You can use Host Sourced Serial Programming (HSSP) or I2C based Bootloading​ (AN60317) to update PSoC device flash using external MCU. HSSP uses programming lines and bootloading uses communication ports. Please refer to associated application notes for more information.

Since you are using I2C lines, you can use the bootloader component available in PSoC 3 devices. It updates device flash using command response packets over selected communication protocol. The part who initiates and updates the target device flash is called bootloader host. You can implement the bootloader host flow in the selected host. It needs to follow the bootloader protocol to update the device flash. I have appended command response structure and host communication flow for your reference. For more details, you can refer to the embedded MCU based bootloader host project (section: Steps to Create an I2C Bootloader Host Project of AN60317) and Bootloader component.

Bootloader Code Examples for PSoC® 3/PSoC 4/ PSoC 4BLE/PSoC 5LP

pastedImage_5.png

pastedImage_4.png

0 Likes

Thank you for your response.

I have gone through https://www.cypress.com/file/44531/download the mentioned document. But after creating the project they are using a programmer to program the board.

In my project psoc is placed in a remote area where we can't have any physical connection and the psoc device is connected controlled by FPGA.

I have created separate I2C bootloader and bootloadable project then generated .cyacd file for host programmer. But how to program the psoc with the generated file.

Now suggest me how to do it.

0 Likes