PSoC 6 BLE Pioneer Kit: Debug not starting

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
SiSc_4153271
Level 1
Level 1

Hey,

After some projects and experience with PSoC 4, I wanted to learn more about PSoC 6. Therefore I bought the PSoC 6 BLE Pioneer Kit and started the 1-3-Hello World PWM Project from the tutorial. It builds and programs succesfully, but there's no blinky LED. So I started the debug-mode to figure out what's the problem. Once started with the debug it never stops running. Normally I was used to that it will begin with a breaking point at the main loop, so that I can step through the code. When I press pause I get the following Screen.

pastedImage_0.png

When I press play and pause again all the red registers are turning to black (--> no changes in registers).

So I guess the code is stucked somewhere before it starts the main loop.

I've already tried other examples but it's always the same issue...

Thanks already if someone could help me

Simon

0 Likes
2 Replies
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hi Simon,

Please install latest PSoC Programmer 3.28.4 from this link:

https://www.cypress.com/products/psoc-programming-solutions

I hope you made the proper selection for the Switches on PSoC 6 BLE Pioneer Kit as described in its User guide at page#11 available at this link:

https://www.cypress.com/file/390496/download

Thanks,

Ankita

0 Likes
NoriTan
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 5 questions asked 10 sign-ins

As attached screenshot says, the program is running at 0x1F2C which is called from 0x160022A6

GS004414.png

PSoC® 6 MCU: PSoC 63 with BLE Datasheet Document Number: 002-18787

0x1F2C indicates the location of ROM and 0x160022A6 indicates Supervisory flash's one.  So, I assumed that a wrong application code was written to the application flash area.

For example, when I erased all internal flash area using the PSoC Programmer as follows.

GS004415.png

I can completely reproduce your issue as follows.

GS004416.png

Please check if your application was programmed

0 Likes