WICED IDE snip.ping-BCM943362WCD4

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm learning how to develop WiFi code. When I launch WICED IDE 3.1.2 shortcut on a MAC, one of the 1st instructions is to double click the snip.ping-BCM943362WCD4 target to build the ping application. However, the ping target is not there. Where do I get the target and how do I add it to WICED IDE 3.1.2? And I am using the BCM943362WCD4 evaluation board.

0 Likes
4 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

I believe you are referrng to the example in the WICED™ Development System Quick Start Guide

Unfortunately, the snip.ping example application was removed a few revisions ago and the document never updated. I believe jaeyoung or gangi is working on updating this doc now.

Nonetheless, you should still be able to double click one of the other snips/examples.

snip.scan is a good one to use...

Open the WICED SDK (2.4.1 is shown below, but 3.x is similar) and find the Make Target tab on the right side of the WICED IDE

Double-click the make target “snip.scan-BCM943362WCD4 download run”

Note: This corresponds to <WICED-SDK>\Apps\snip\scan within the Project Explorer

1-demo.png

2-demo.png

3-demo.png

Hope this helps.

0 Likes

Quick Start Guide Updated for SDK 3.1.2

See if this QSG helps.  The previous one was confusing since we don't include snip.ping in the make target list.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply. To develop a WiFi application, are we calling these functions? Do you prefer we use 'C' or some other sort of programming language such as python? I clicked on “snip.scan-BCM943362WCD4 download run” and see it running on the evaluation board. But, am I looking at the snip.scan code or calling each snip.x to when I write my code. Please advise for a new developer. Thanks!

0 Likes

Hi,

The snip or test examples were made to show how our API is used in specific examples. They are not meant to be called as snip.x, rather you can design your custom code based on the code in these examples. Hope this helps get you an idea.

Thanks,

Jaeyoung

0 Likes