Is Available Software Sites meant to be empty

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GeIo_1586191
Level 4
Level 4
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

I downloaded ModusToolbox Version 1.1.0 and have been having trouble updating the BLE Mesh SDK.

While trying to fix, I noticed that under the menu option Window: Preferences: Install/Update the Available Software Sites box is empty.

ModusToolboxAvailableSites.png

Usually this is populated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Note that you have already installed BT SDK 1.4 successfully on your platform. As for the Internet connection popup, you can regard it as an enhancement of MTB and then ignore it. This feature would be fixed in next release.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
ShipingW_81
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

You can follow the steps descripted in chapter 4.1.1.1 of AN227069 to update to the latest BT SDK - https://www.cypress.com/file/473921/download

Let me know if it helps.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I was aware of those steps. It is just that when opening up the "Update ModusToolbox SDKs" you get a warning message saying that it cannot connect to the Internet, which I find rather annoying.

0 Likes

Any progress? Have ever check your internet access on your platform for Modus Toolbox?

0 Likes

Yes, I have internet access and yes I can manually download the SDK's and now manually install.

So while I do have Internet access, as I'm writing this response, I do find this sort of thing rather annoying... as there is no need for the long delay and no need for this sort of message...

NotFindingInternet.png

So, I suppose what I am trying to highlight with this forum post is all the confusing messages you get when using modustoolbox, which makes you get the impression that something is not right... Here is another example...

CheckForUpdates.png

And, if you click on "Yes" which seems the obvious thing to do, it takes you to the "Available Software Sites" dialog box, which as I noted is empty.

Just to say that I'm used to using NXP's MCUXpresso on my Windows 7 laptop, which just works...

XPressoCheckingForUpdates.png

And they have the "Available Software Sites" box properly populated...

XpressoAvailableSites.png

0 Likes

Note that you have already installed BT SDK 1.4 successfully on your platform. As for the Internet connection popup, you can regard it as an enhancement of MTB and then ignore it. This feature would be fixed in next release.