Where is the CYPD4225 firmware source?

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NiMc_4245981
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 5 replies posted

I'm developing a product that will use the CYPD4225 chip.  Initially I am using the CY4541 evaluation kit.  I can't find the firmware source to start from.  I have the following installed, according to Cypress Update Manager.

CY4541 EZ-PD CCG4 EVK 1.0 Rev. *A

EZ-PD CCGx Host SDK 3.3

EZ-PD Configuration Utility 1.1

PSoC Programmer 3.28.4

PSoC Creator 4.2

When I search for examples that use CCG4 in PSoC Creator, none are found.  I've searched the hard disk and the closest I've found is a firmware from the CYPD4226, which doesn't work.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-PD CCGx Host SDK\CCGx\Firmware\projects\CYPD4226-40LQXI_notebook

0 Likes
1 Solution
YiZ_31
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hi,

You can find  CYPD4225-40LQXI_notebook in the CCGx SDK:

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/ez-pd-sdk-v302-ccg2-all-applications-ccg3...

The firmware version in the SDK is up to date.

Regards,
Eddie

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
YiZ_31

Hi,

You can find  CYPD4225-40LQXI_notebook in the CCGx SDK:

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/ez-pd-sdk-v302-ccg2-all-applications-ccg3...

The firmware version in the SDK is up to date.

Regards,
Eddie

0 Likes

I had some errors when I built this using PSoC 4.2

lto1.exe: fatal error: bytecode stream generated with LTO version 3.0 instead of the expected 4.1

I got rid of this error by turning off CCG_HPI_ENABLE and CCG_HPI_PD_ENABLE.  I don't plan on using HPI, so I'm just leaving this here as a note in case anyone else runs into the same problem.

ERROR: No interrupt vector

I switched to the "noboot" project which does not have this error.  I would like to use the bootloader eventually, so I'm still looking for a fix to this issue.

0 Likes
YiZ_31

Hi,

It is recommended to compile CCGx SDK projects  with ARM MDK:

MDK Version 5

The location for binaries in the toolchain is "Keil_v5\ARM\ARMCC\bin"

Regards,
Eddie

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

I was able to get the bootloader version to work by adding the following line to the .ld scripts.

EXTERN(CyRamVectors)