CYW43340: SAR FCC (Wi-Fi / BT) Software Test

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
BeCa_4374986
Level 2
Level 2
5 likes given First like received First like given

We have developed devices whiches include CYW43340 modules for the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi communications.

Now we try to obtain Wi-Fi and Bluetooth FCC SAR certifications for our devices.

The reference certification test laboratory that we have contacted for the test has required us to prepare software test for the Wi-Fi and Bluteooth.

How could we get specific tools that let us to prepare this tests on CYW43340?

Thanks for your attention.

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hello,

I have attached the x86 version of the same.

Thanks

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Murali_R
250 sign-ins 250 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Hi,

To get the certifications done for Bluetooth ,you need to contact the Bluetooth SIG for the required procedure.

The tools available for Bluetooth certifications are CY_BlueTool

Also you have the mbt tool available at /20719-B1_Bluetooth/wiced_tools/mbt for Bluetooth. This thread may also be of help.

To get the certification done for Wi-Fi, there are tools(mfg_test, sigma_dut) along with the description available in WICED at /43xxx_Wi-Fi/apps/test.

Also it is recommended that you get a custom CLM_BLOB generated as per your requirements to ensure that the transmission come under the required regulations by contacting local sales/FAE/ Distribution.

Thanks and Regards,

Hello

• Also it is recommended that you get a custom CLM_BLOB generated as per your requirements to ensure that the transmission come under the required regulations by contacting local sales/FAE/ Distribution'.

• Thanks for this point. We have reviewed documents. We do it.

Additional INFO:

We have already documentation of the way for preparing certification tests from certification laboratory.

We are apparently advancing well with BT test preparation.

We cannot find out a wl tool compatible with intel processor.

We need command line tool, not GUI one possible to be used.

More focus question: Could we obtain from Cypress a specific tool or compatible tool for preparing Wi-Fi test for embedded systems based on Intel processors? Or wich would be the way to prepare this tests?

I hope I explained well enough.

Thanks for your time.

0 Likes
lock attach

Hi,

The HCI tool is good enough to send HCI commands in the linux yocto environment

The WICED wl utility is dynamically compiled. Please use the attached stastically compiled wl utility for intel x86_64.

Thanks

Hello MuraliR_36​.

Our Intel processor is Intel x86 , not 64 bits instructions length supported I am affraid.

I have tried to execute this wl utility on my device (with execution permissions) and I have received this message :

-sh: ./wl_x86_64: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error

I guess that this message is pointing that this 64 version is not compatible with this processor.

Should you have a x86 version compatible with intel processor?

Thanks for your support.

0 Likes
lock attach

Hello,

I have attached the x86 version of the same.

Thanks

HiMuraliR_36​.

We have done some commands execution with this 'wl' tool in our device and it looks like working properly.

We begin to prepare tests with this tool and the links that you have previously included.

Thanks a lot for this solution.

MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Which 43340 based partner module are you using?  The module partner themselves have normally done this level of testing and you can leverage their results in your end product.