5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 26, 2019 11:08 AM by SheetalJ_96

CYBT_483039_EVAL No bluetooth signal

ChNi_2249236

Hey guys, I recently purchased the CYBT_483039_EVAL board and I went through Wiced Studio. I made sure to pick the 20719-B1_Bluetooth package and I have the Make Target window open. I was able to build and the device was found in the console log. I see the device led's start up which indicates that the application is being downloaded. I have UART open and I can see the log of the events and I've traced the the outputs to the init function in the code. They all line up. I then try to scan for the device and nothing turns up, is there something else that must be done???

• 1. Re: CYBT_483039_EVAL No bluetooth signal
          BoonT_56

You must install the below platform files in order for your eval board to work.

WICED Studio: Platform Files for CYBT-483039-EVAL – KBA223747

• 2. Re: CYBT_483039_EVAL No bluetooth signal
            SheetalJ_96

Hi ChNi_2249236,

You can refer Programming an EZ-BT WICED Module – KBA223428 for detailed programming process. Also, as BoonT_56 referred, add the platform files in your directory.

Let us know if this works for you.

• 3. Re: CYBT_483039_EVAL No bluetooth signal
              ChNi_2249236

Yes,  I have installed the files (they came with Wiced Studio 6.4)

• 4. Re: CYBT_483039_EVAL No bluetooth signal
                ChNi_2249236

This is the output of my console when generating the files for "hello_sensor":

07:59:15 **** Build of configuration Release for project 20719-B1_Bluetooth ****

"C:\\Users\\boatengc\\Documents\\WICED-Studio-6.4\\20719-B1_Bluetooth\\make.exe" demo.hello_sensor-CYBT_483039_EVAL download UART=COM14 BT_DEVICE_ADDRESS=20719AC0FFEE

Compiling wiced_platform_pin_config.c

Compiling wiced_platform.c

Compiling spar_setup.c

Compiling hello_sensor.c

Compiling wiced_bt_cfg.c

Compiling wiced_platform.c

Compiling wiced_platform_pin_config.c

Compiling lib_installer.c

Linking target ELF

OK, made elf.

..\..\43xxx_Wi-Fi\tools\ARM_GNU\Win32\bin\arm-none-eabi-objdump: section '.ordered' mentioned in a -j option, but not found in any input file

..\..\43xxx_Wi-Fi\tools\ARM_GNU\Win32\bin\arm-none-eabi-objdump: section '.aon' mentioned in a -j option, but not found in any input file

..\..\43xxx_Wi-Fi\tools\ARM_GNU\Win32\bin\arm-none-eabi-objdump: section '.pram_rodata' mentioned in a -j option, but not found in any input file

Call to hello_sensor_spar_crt_setup @ 002169b1

OK, made C:/Users/boatengc/Documents/WICED-Studio-6.4/20719-B1_Bluetooth/WICED/../build/hello_sensor-CYBT_483039_EVAL-rom-ram-Wiced-release/A_20719B1-hello_sensor-rom-ram-spar.cgs. MD5 sum is:

98187bb6e41dedb9fca733b0a4080b12 *../build/hello_sensor-CYBT_483039_EVAL-rom-ram-Wiced-release/A_20719B1-hello_sensor-rom-ram-spar.cgs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Patch code starts at              0x00270400 (RAM address)

Patch code ends at                0x0027A518 (RAM address)

Patch RW/ZI size                  2572 bytes

Application starts at             0x002155FC (RAM address)

Application ends at               0x002169AD (RAM address)

Patch code size                        41240 bytes

Application RAM footprint               5041 bytes

------

Total RAM footprint                     7613 bytes (7.4kiB)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Converting CGS to HEX...

Conversion complete

Creating OTA images...

Conversion complete

OTA image footprint in NV is 67142 bytes

Downloading application...

Download complete

Application running.

07:59:55 Build Finished (took 40s.111ms)

and this is the output from uart:

• 5. Re: CYBT_483039_EVAL No bluetooth signal
                  SheetalJ_96

I did not know that you were using WICED 6.4. There is a glitch in WICED 6.4 with CYW20719 based modules. Our software team is working on this. BugS Report:  WICED6.4.0/Missing files

Till then please use WICED6.2.1 referring to above KBA you mentioned.

Apologies for the inconvenience.!