1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 17, 2019 8:31 PM by ShifangZ_26

I need to provide a USB type C PD sytem with DRP and polarity detection AND I need to use the D /D- lines for USB 2.0 communications separtely.  It seems that all USB type C mux's only do SuperSpeed

FrCo_4354576

I need to provide a USB type C PD sytem with DRP with polarity detection AND I need to use the D+/D- lines for USB 2.0 communications separately but on the same cable.  It seems that all USB type C mux's only do SuperSpeed.  The PD detection is going to be either CYPD3177 or CCG3 unless I am given better alternatives The issue is detecting and using the D+/D- lines.  Any suggestions appreciated

Update

The D+/D– pair is also in the same orientation; however, the plug only contains one D+/D– twisted pair. The USB Type-C specification allows for the

D+/D– lines to be shorted together (D+ to D+ and D– to D–) on the receptacle side. Now regardless of cable orientation, the PHY will always see the

cable’s D+/D– pair.

Message was edited by: Fred Conklin The D+/D– pair is also in the same orientation; however, the plug only contains one D+/D– twisted pair. The USB Type-C specification allows for the D+/D– lines to be shorted together (D+ to D+ and D– to D–) on the receptacle side. Now regardless of cable orientation, the PHY will always see the cable’s D+/D– pair.