When you get the Erase Error, have you tried a HW reset? I recall reading that once an Erase Error state occurs, a HW reset must be issued in some products. Does the Erase Busy/Error condition persist after a power cycle?
Unfortunately we tried that many times. POR does not change the situation.
Thank you for contacting Cypress Community.
I would like to ask you a few questions -
- As mentioned in the description, your read operation is giving garbage data, then, how have you confirmed that write and erase operation have completed without any errors? Did you try to capture the SPI waveforms? If yes, can you please share the waveforms with us?
- What is the command sequence that you are following? Have you tried to poll the WIP bit after write and erase operation to confirm that these operations are getting completed without any errors?
- Did you try reading the device ID? If you are getting the correct device ID, it will confirm that there is no problem in the SPI communication
- Are you following any code example or is it a custom made project? Have you tried using our low level driver for serial NOR flash devices? I am attaching the sLLD with my response. Please have a look.
- If it is not a problem, could you please share your PSoC project with us?
slld_v16.2.1.zip 6.8 MB
Thank you for your message. We built our firmware based on Cypress Example code CE222221_TFT_VoiceRecorder. We are using the very same same functions originally used in that code.
We will have a look at your code.
I tried to test the code example on my end and it works fine. Can you please tell us the exact steps that you have followed for editing the code example so that we can recreate the issue at our end?