1. The controller I'd like to recommend is CYPD3177 (BCR) for sink only. You can get the datasheet and EVK as below link:
2. CYPD3177 BCR products do not need firmware customize, you just need hardware design is enough for control fixed PDO with 5V. 9V request. Details information can get it from https://www.cypress.com/file/460541/download
3. If you insist to customize firmware by yourself, CCG2 or CCG3 or CCG4 or CCG3PA can be selected by you. You can start from EZ-PD CCGx SDK. Download link:
4. You can mask 12V if you just want to have 5V request by function:
* @brief This function updates the sink PDO mask at runtime thereby
* overriding the sink PDO mask specified in the config table.
* @param port Port index.
* @param mask PDO mask.
* @return CCG_STAT_SUCCESS if operation is successful, CCG_STAT_BAD_PARAM
ccg_status_t dpm_update_snk_cap_mask(uint8_t port, uint8_t mask);
thanks for the reference to the CYPD3177, I didn't have it on my screen yet, maybe because the datasheet still has PRELIMINARY status.
Shouldn't all 0 ohms in the resistance table on page 9 be open and vice versa?
I ordered the development board and will play around with it.
0 on pull-down side = ground to GND.
0 on pull-down side = short to VDDD.
OPEN is not connected.