PSoC 5LP + SIM808

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JoRo_4342466
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Anyone have experience with PSoC 5LP and SIM808?

How can I get work GPS and GSM throw one UART instead using two UART's?

I have a PSoC5LP design using two UART's with SIM800L and GPS, but now I have to use SIM808 that includes GSM + GPS in the same module with one Tx and Rx for both process .

Thanks a lot!

Francisco.

0 Likes
1 Solution
SanjeevG_16
Employee
Employee
10 likes received 10 likes given 5 likes given

I think you need not configure two UARTs for this case. This is a SIM808 issue where the device has configured one UART line to transfer both the GPS and GSM data.

So, we could look at it as a simple UART communication between PSoC 5LP and SIM808 irrespective of what SIM808 functionalities are. I don't think the communication is as simple as sending AT commands either.

Here is the link where you can download the APIs for SIM808 - GitHub - DFRobot/DFRobot_SIM808: SIM808. ​There is a catch here. You have to convert the cpp files into .c files before using in the PSoC5LP project.

Thanks​

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
SanjeevG_16
Employee
Employee
10 likes received 10 likes given 5 likes given

I think you need not configure two UARTs for this case. This is a SIM808 issue where the device has configured one UART line to transfer both the GPS and GSM data.

So, we could look at it as a simple UART communication between PSoC 5LP and SIM808 irrespective of what SIM808 functionalities are. I don't think the communication is as simple as sending AT commands either.

Here is the link where you can download the APIs for SIM808 - GitHub - DFRobot/DFRobot_SIM808: SIM808. ​There is a catch here. You have to convert the cpp files into .c files before using in the PSoC5LP project.

Thanks​

0 Likes