Power level setting for BLE tests in DUT mode

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
CrBo_4345596
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm using a CYBLE-212006-1 module, I need to set the LE power in DUT mode to perform validation tests. I tried the HCI_VENDOR_SET_TX_PWR command but it always fails.

Can I use this command for the CYBLE-212006-1 module?

How can I control the continuous transmission power LE?

Regards

Cristian

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hello,

At my end, I'm able to setting the TX power level as shown in attached image.

Please make sure that the function CyBle_SetTxPowerLevel() must be called after few calls of CyBle_ProcessEvents() in firmware.

Please refer to the attached modified project for your reference.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

In the test sequence if we send "HCI reset" command before sending the "LE transmitter test" command to the device then this reset command could reset the power back to the default value so we may see no effect on changing the power level.Updated

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello Cristian,

The HCI Command "HCI_VENDOR_SET_TX_PWR" don't support for PSoC4/PRoC devices. Please use the CyBle_SetTxPowerLevel() after stack init i.e., you can call this api after few calls of CyBle_ProcessEvents().

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes

Hello Yugandhar,

we are using HCI_DTM project, in main.c it says that no event is generated in hci mode

we think that there should be a custom hci command to set the power because of the power amplifier

Can you help us?

0 Likes
lock attach

Hello Cristian,

In the code, after starting the BLE please call the function CyBle_SetTxPowerLevel() after few calls of CyBle_ProcessEvents().

Please refer to the attached example project.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes

Hello Yugandhar,

I'm a colleague of Cristian. We tried to implement the changes in the FW, but the TX power level doesn't change.

We got the same result both with our HW and with the Cypress evaluation board (CY8CKIT-042-BLE PIONEER BASEBOARD).

Can you give us support?

Thank you.

0 Likes
lock attach

Hello,

At my end, I'm able to setting the TX power level as shown in attached image.

Please make sure that the function CyBle_SetTxPowerLevel() must be called after few calls of CyBle_ProcessEvents() in firmware.

Please refer to the attached modified project for your reference.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

In the test sequence if we send "HCI reset" command before sending the "LE transmitter test" command to the device then this reset command could reset the power back to the default value so we may see no effect on changing the power level.Updated

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes