4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 8, 2019 2:29 AM by SananyaM_56

EZUSB Part Selection for USB 2.0 UVC Camera MJPEG Support

SeSc_4288176

Hi

I am interested in using the EZ USB chips for a new design and would like some help choosing the best part that has software example to prove concept. These are the requirements:

- USB 2.0 device (USB 3.0 not available for this application) on Windows platforms

- Supporting OV5640 (or equally similar image sensor) running in 8 bit parallel mode output is YUV and MJPEG

- Video capture using UVC drivers (ie. looks like a webcam to PC requiring no drivers to be written)

- Capture of images of at least 1M pixels (at least 1280x1024 SXGA resolution at 15 fps min). For this, compression is required (if I am not mistaken) and the OV5640 supports MJPEG.

- Application is cost sensitive so I would ideally like to go with the EZUSB 2 devices as opposed to the newer EZ USB 3 devices (unless the EZUSB 2 devices are to be obsoleted in the next 5 years)

- There is a space constraint where the PCB width should not exceed 8mm so the 56 pin BGA EZ USB 2 devices are very attractive

Can you please recommended a suitable part that has a reference design that I can use/adapt to achieve a proof of concept.

Thanks in advance