S25FS512S nonvolatile register CR2NV[7]

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
qlcc_4325206
Level 1
Level 1

When writing the norflash register, the value of the nonvolatile register CR2NV[7] is set to 1, the film does not come up, and there is no way to erase. Is there any way to solve it?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Apurva_S
100 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Cypress Semiconductor.

Could you please clarify what do you mean by "the film does not come up"?

I would like to inform you that Configuration Register 2 is completely OTP (One Time Programmable), that is if once programmed, the values cannot be changed. I would like to know was CR2NV[7] accidentally programmed to 1 or intentionally?

Regards,

Apurva

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Apurva_S
100 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Cypress Semiconductor.

Could you please clarify what do you mean by "the film does not come up"?

I would like to inform you that Configuration Register 2 is completely OTP (One Time Programmable), that is if once programmed, the values cannot be changed. I would like to know was CR2NV[7] accidentally programmed to 1 or intentionally?

Regards,

Apurva

0 Likes

Hi Apurva,

Thank you for your answer.

S25FS512S chip default CR2NV[7] is 0 (3 byte address), can only use the previous 16MB space, how to use the space after 16MB. Can you provide the driver source code?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

cql

0 Likes

Hi Apurva,
     S25FS512S chip default CR2V[7] is 0 (3 byte address), only the first 16MB space can be used, so we want to set CR2V[7] to 1, accidentally written in CR2NV[7].

Regards,
cql

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi cql,

Please find our low level driver for SPI flash device attached with this response.

Could you clarify your problem a little further? When the value of CR2NV[7] is zero (default value) the device is in 3 byte addressing mode. When you program it to one, the device goes into 4 byte addressing mode. You want the device to be in 4 byte addressing mode, right? Could you please tell me to what value did you accidentally program the bit to?

Regards,

Apurva

0 Likes