3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 28, 2019 4:00 AM by ShifangZ_26

CYPD3175-24LQXQ_pa_direct_fb do not work on customized hardware

NiBi_1639801

Hi all,

I currently  build USB 18W mobile Power Adapter, which is based on the cypress CYPD3175-24LQXQ microcontroller and the InnoSwitch3-CP from Power integration.

The hardware part is nearly similar to your example hardware for the CCG3PA 27W Mobile Power Adapter Board (https://www.cypress.com/documentation/reference-designs/ez-pd-ccg3pa-usb-c-mobile-power-adapter-solution-using-power) . The only different is that I do not need the P2.2 (Pin 12), because I only want to support fix power levels of 5V/3A and 9V/2A (please see the attached picture for the hardware).  Therefore I don’t want to generate voltage below 5V.

For the software part I use the “CYPD3175-24LQXQ_pa_direct_fb” project as starting point. I modify the software via the EZ-PD Configuration  tool and use the generate c.file to override the config-file in the project. Furthermore we used the PSoC Creator 4.2 to deactivate the Load_En and generate a new firmware hex.-File. We used this hex.-File (Datapath: CYPD31754LQXQ_pa_direct_fb01.cydsn\CortexM0\ARM_GCC_541\Debug\....hex) to flashed it to our target hardware via the PoC Porgrammer 3.28.3 Software and the MiniProg3 to flasher. After the flash process I get the successful message. The internal regulator works fine I can measure a voltage of 1.6V on Pin VDDD and 3.3V on VCCC.

But the output voltage just works with 4.4V and if I connected an external sink (mobile phone) the current is limit to 70mA. If I connect an electronical sink the voltage show the same behaviour.

If the customized hardware is programmed with the bootloader (without firma/application software) the voltage works on a stabile voltage range of 5V and the current is limit to 500mA for every connected mobile phone.

Furthermore, we flashed the normal “CYPD3175-24LQXQ_pa_direct_fb” hex.file to the our hardware unfortunately it caused the same behaviour like the modify firma software.

I am not sure why the software does not work. It is based on the fact, that I don’t  use the Pin P2.2? Besides could you please explain me, why we need the PIN 2.1. I cannot see that the Pin was activated in the Application Software (in PSoC Creator 4.2).

Do you have any explanations for this the strength behaviour?  If you need I can sent you the circuit diagram as well as the software.

I am looking forward to your answer!

Best,

Nik