PSoC4100SP:CapSense Hardware scan time

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RyYo_1406951
Level 5
Level 5
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Below, the same sentences are written in English and Japanese.

・Engilsh
The "Hardware scan time" is displayed on the CapSense component setting screen.
Do these ”hardware scan time” fluctuate due to external influences?

・日本語(Japanese)
CapSenseコンポネント設定画面で、Hardware scan timeが表示されます。
これらのHardware scan timeは、外部からの影響で変動することありますか?

無題1.png

Regards

0 Likes
1 Solution

Dear fj0176bu_1406951,

Scan time doesn't vary with noise. But if IMO changes due to temperature changes, mod clock might be affected, thereby affecting scan time. Please refer to the specific device datasheet for the IMO accuracy over temperature.

Regards,

Bragadeesh

Regards,
Bragadeesh

View solution in original post

4 Replies
BragadeeshV
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi fj0176bu_1406951​,

Can you please let me know what you mean by external influence? In general, the hardware scan time mentioned in the CapSense component customizer is the typical time it takes to scan the sensor based on the formula (2^n-1)/ Mod_Clk. But in reality, the actual scan time is the sum of sensor scan time, duration of initialization prior a scan, duration of firmware execution and other components in your firmware such as ISR, which is not predictable.

Regards,

Bragadeesh

Regards,
Bragadeesh
0 Likes

Bragadeesh -san

・English
>Can you please let me know what you mean by external influence?
→External influence is noise.

>But in reality, the actual scan time is the sum of sensor scan time, duration of initialization prior a scan, duration of firmware execution and other components in your firmware such as ISR, which is not predictable.
→Among them, I would like to know if the sensor scan time((2^n-1)/ Mod_Clk) may fluctuate.

・Japanese
>Can you please let me know what you mean by external influence?
→ノイズを指しています。

>But in reality, the actual scan time is the sum of sensor scan time, duration of initialization prior a scan, duration of firmware execution and other components in your firmware such as ISR, which is not predictable.
→その中でセンサースキャン時間((2^n-1)/ Mod_Clk)は、変動する可能性あるか知りたいです。

Regards

0 Likes

Dear fj0176bu_1406951,

Scan time doesn't vary with noise. But if IMO changes due to temperature changes, mod clock might be affected, thereby affecting scan time. Please refer to the specific device datasheet for the IMO accuracy over temperature.

Regards,

Bragadeesh

Regards,
Bragadeesh

Thank you for your answer.

0 Likes