CCG3PA Source Capabilities Message

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
BrFo_2046856
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm working with a CCG3PA and notice that the Spec Rev (7:6) is returned as Reserved (2) in the Source Capabilities, Accept, and PS_RDY  messages.   The same firmware returns Spec Rev (7:6) = Rev 2.0(1) for the GoodCRC messages.    Where in the firmware would I update this field so our device always returns Spec Rev(7:6) = Rev 2.0 (1).

Thank you,

Brian

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Brian,

If you have chance to went through CCGx Power SDK user guide, you will found the way as below:

pastedImage_0.png

Best Regards,

Lisa

View solution in original post

5 Replies
MuthuM_11
Employee
Employee
10 likes received 10 likes given 5 likes given

Hi Brian,

The EZ-PD Analyzer Utility does not support PD 3.0 spec. It supports till PD 2.0 spec.

As per PD 3.0 spec section 6.2.1.1.5, value of 10b for bits(7:6) is valid and indicates PD 3.0 spec.

I hope, the other port partner you are using is PD 2.0 only capable, that's why you are seeing Good_crc with Spec Rev as 01b (i.e., PD 2.0).

Regards,

Muthu

0 Likes

Hello Muthu,

Thanks for clarifying that the EZ-PD Analyzer is the reason I'm seeing Reserved (2) in those fields.  

How do I configure or modify the CYPD3171-24LQXQ_pb project to use PD spec Rev 2?   I changed the CCG_PD_REV3_ENABLE define on line 111 in stack_params.h from 1 to 0, however that doesnt seem to affect the responses I'm seeing in the EZ-PD Analyzer.   I also modified the PD revision field in the EZ-PD Configuration Utility so the PD Revision field is set to 2.0, however that doesn't seem to make a difference.

Is there somewhere else in the firmware I need to modify to use PD spec Rev 2?

0 Likes

Hi Muthu,

Any update on how to make the CYPD3171-24LQXQ_pb project use PD spec Rev 2?

Thanks,

Brian

0 Likes

Hi Brian,

If you have chance to went through CCGx Power SDK user guide, you will found the way as below:

pastedImage_0.png

Best Regards,

Lisa

BrFo_2046856
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you!   

0 Likes