CR trimming value error

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
wezh_2563016
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted First reply posted First question asked

hi,we have a client who use the CY95F778(MB95F778),there are about 30 pieces of CY95F778 can't burning program by softune IDE or FLASH USB programmer.i check the PCB there is no problem,and the power supply is correct too,i try to use the softune IDE with MB2146-07-E to download the code,when i start to debug,an error appears "*** F9411S : Cannot continue debugging due to a CR trimming value error".

it seems that the CR trimming value may be invalid,i encountered similar problem before,sometimes the softune can adjust the CR trimming by itself,but this time the CR trimming can't be adjusted, the softune just appears error "Cannot continue debugging due to a CR trimming value error"and we can't download the code.and when i use the FLASH USB programmer,it also appears error"ERROR TRIM_CR 00,FF,",you can see the pic in attachment

the client want to know why does this problem happen,and how to solve this problem? How to adjust the CR trimming?

0 Likes
6 Replies
wezh_2563016
Level 1
Level 1

hi,now there is another problem,i find that when i start debug an error appears"***F9409S: Emulator hardware error.Please turn off the power immediately and check the connection.(H20)"at first,and if don't power down ,a few moments later start debug again,the error will change "*** F9411S : Cannot continue debugging due to a CR trimming value error".i am sure the hardware ,the connection and power supply are correct.What causes this problem?

0 Likes

From your description, even with identical PCB layout and programming tools, there is successful programming as well as failed programming, right? that is, the boards out of the 30 pieces board can be correctly programmed?

0 Likes
wezh_2563016
Level 1
Level 1

yes,there are 30 pieces can't be programmed, even with identical PCB layout and programming tools,

0 Likes

This issue might be caused by the loss of CR Trimming value. BGMA (MB2146-07-E) can adjust the CR Trimming value.

Can you try below steps to eliminate the issue -

1. connect BGMA with the board.

2. please wait for about 10s.

3. then power on and connect the softune.

0 Likes

I try the steps you said,but it didn't work,it still have the ERROR i said before.Does it have possibility that the MCU was broken?

0 Likes

It seems no more better method for this issue. maybe you can exchange the chips on both good and bad board to observe if the bad board gets working.

0 Likes