How can I check the current ampere of CY8CKIT-059(PSOC5LP) when I use 5V supply?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ddba_3941416
Level 1
Level 1

How can I check the current ampere of CY8CKIT-059(PSOC5LP) when I use 5V supply? Is it possible to use 3.3V supply for HC-06 VCC? Device needs power supply from 3.6to 6V. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Vison_Zhang
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 250 sign-ins

CY8CKIT-059 User Guide:

4.2.3.1 Measure PSoC 5LP Current Consumption
You can measure the current consumption of the PSoC 5LP device by using one of these methods:
Method 1:
1. Separate the KitProg board by 'snapping' the perforated edge between the two boards.
2. Power the remaining prototyping board via any of the VDD or VTARG terminals.
3. Place an ammeter in series with the VDD or VTARG connection to measure the current
consumption.
Method 2:
1. Remove the resistor R20 and install a 2-pin jumper in the supplied holes of J4.
2. Connect an ammeter across the 2-pin jumper to measure the current to the PSoC 5LP device.
This method can be used either with USB power or with power supplied to one of the VTARG pins
but not when supplying to one of the VDD pins.

Is it possible to use 3.3V supply for HC-06 VCC?  I don't get your question, there has schematic in user guide too, you can check it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Vison_Zhang
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 250 sign-ins

CY8CKIT-059 User Guide:

4.2.3.1 Measure PSoC 5LP Current Consumption
You can measure the current consumption of the PSoC 5LP device by using one of these methods:
Method 1:
1. Separate the KitProg board by 'snapping' the perforated edge between the two boards.
2. Power the remaining prototyping board via any of the VDD or VTARG terminals.
3. Place an ammeter in series with the VDD or VTARG connection to measure the current
consumption.
Method 2:
1. Remove the resistor R20 and install a 2-pin jumper in the supplied holes of J4.
2. Connect an ammeter across the 2-pin jumper to measure the current to the PSoC 5LP device.
This method can be used either with USB power or with power supplied to one of the VTARG pins
but not when supplying to one of the VDD pins.

Is it possible to use 3.3V supply for HC-06 VCC?  I don't get your question, there has schematic in user guide too, you can check it.

0 Likes