Listen function for CYBT-343026

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
YaTr_3516311
Level 5
Level 5
25 sign-ins First solution authored 100 replies posted

Hi,

I wan to realize BLE broadcasts(iBeacon) function and listen function which capturing the location of device embedded CYBT-343026.

I have confirmed the iBeacon function with ezserial_343026-CYBT_343026_EVAL-rom-ram-Wiced-release with SAD command. I can get my customed data in iphone.

But I don't know how to confirm listen function.

"

The scan response packet is transmitted only when a remote device is performing an active scan. During an active

scan, the scanning device send a scan request to any discovered advertising device immediately after receiving the

main advertisement packet. The scan response packet typically includes the friendly name of the advertising device,

and occasionally also includes transmit power, more manufacturer data, or other useful but less critical data that a

remote scanning device may not need to see.

"

I see the function which the spec introduced.

1. Is this the listen function?

2. Could you give me some suggestion for how to realize listen function and confirm it? Is there any related command?

BR,

Treacy

0 Likes
1 Solution
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hi Treacy,

By mentioning 'Listen function' , I beleive you want to configure the device in BLE observer / Central device which scans for the other BLE device which advertises some data.  If then, Ez serial platform doesn't have Central or Observer role support ( Refer  section point 3 in 1.3.1 BT Communication Features  of Ez serial user guide https://www.cypress.com/file/452971/download  )

If the requirement is to use broadcaster and observer mode at same time, you may have to write a WICED SDK application with the APIs ( wiced_bt_ble_observe ( )  or  wiced_bt_ble_scan ( )  Refer to wiced_bt_ble.h file in WICED SDK)

Thanks,
Anjana

View solution in original post

4 Replies
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hi Treacy,

By mentioning 'Listen function' , I beleive you want to configure the device in BLE observer / Central device which scans for the other BLE device which advertises some data.  If then, Ez serial platform doesn't have Central or Observer role support ( Refer  section point 3 in 1.3.1 BT Communication Features  of Ez serial user guide https://www.cypress.com/file/452971/download  )

If the requirement is to use broadcaster and observer mode at same time, you may have to write a WICED SDK application with the APIs ( wiced_bt_ble_observe ( )  or  wiced_bt_ble_scan ( )  Refer to wiced_bt_ble.h file in WICED SDK)

Thanks,
Anjana

Dear AnjanaM,

I'm confused. If device set "SAD command" with UUID, major information. It can't be scanned with ezserial_343026-CYBT_343026_EVAL-rom-ram-Wiced-release? I just want to scanned the uuid, major data. Then what's the application of "SSRD" to custom response data?

BR,

Treacy

0 Likes

Hi Treacy,

SSRD is for setting scan response data. Scan response data is similar to advertisement data. Its a kind of extended adv data. A peripheral / broadcaster can send adv data (31 bytes) and scan response data (31 bytes) .

Adv data can be received by any Central/Observer device . Scan response data can be received by only those Central/Observer devices  which use active scanning (its a type of scanning )

If your device (343026) have to receive (listen) data sending by any other BLE device , then it should be configured in a GAP role called Central / Observer . This is not supported by Ez-Serial platform. For that, you have to use WICED SDK APIs as we mentioned in previous responses.

Please refer to the Generic Access Profile section in core spec for better understanding.  (  https://www.bluetooth.com/specifications/bluetooth-core-specification/  )

Thanks,
Anjana

Owen_Zhang123
5 questions asked 500 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Hi Treacy,

The EZ-Serial firmware for CYBT-343026 doesn't support the client role which means there is no scan function in the firmware.

If you need the scan function, please refer to the hello_client demo in the SDK.

0 Likes