Please load the following USB - UART example and check.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\serialif_examples\cyfxusbuart
Now, if I start up the board with this firmware, and install the cypress driver over the upcoming generic COM-port in the device manager, WIndows does not freeze anymore. Still, via Tera Term I cant see anything on that port, even if I send something. I also tried this with the generic driver of the COM-port.
Can you recommend any steps to fix the described problem? Thank you, in advance!
Please do the following to bind driver to Serial devices. Firstly un-install the driver that bind to Serial devices and do the following. OR You may connect the device to a new PC in which no Cypress drivers are installed and do the following.
The following steps need to be followed only once, to force bind this interface to CDC driver:
1. Download and install CypressDriverInstaller_1.exe from the following link: http://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/usb-serialsoftware-development-kit Page 2 of 3 2. After default installation, 'Cypress USB-Serial Driver' folder will be created in the following path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress
3. Right click on CX3-UVC under 'Other devices' section of Device Manager and choose 'Update Driver Software'.
4. In the pop-up window, choose 'Browse my computer for driver software'.
5. Choose 'Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer'.
6. Choose 'Show All Devices' and click Next.
7. Click on 'Have Disk...'
8. In the pop-up window, choose 'Browse...' and go to the following location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\Cypress USB-Serial Driver\DriverBinary\CDC_Driver\bin\win7\x64
9. Choose 'CypressSerial.inf' file and click Open.
10. Choose 'OK'. In the next window, select 'USB to UART Adapter' and click Next.
11. In the 'Update Driver Warning' pop-up window, choose Yes.Now, one of the CDC interface will come up as USB to UART Adapter in Device Manager.
12.Now, you will have another device 'Virtual Serial Port' under Other devices section of Device Manager. 13.Right click on this and choose 'Update Driver Software'.
14.Follow steps 3 to 8.
15.This time select 'USB Serial Port' and click Next. After you choose 'Yes' in the 'Update Driver Warning' pop-up window, you will get a USB Serial Port(COM x) under Ports (COM&LPT) section of Device Manager. ['x' can be any number]
So, I tried the steps you described. Every step was successful besides the thing that the device was already detected as "USB to UART Adapter". But I installed the described driver over the recent one. Also the COM Port is available.
I can also open the Serial Port for example with Tera Term. But I dont receive any data at all in the Terminal. I tried it with several firmwares.
So my question is: How do I get the debug messages I sent with the "CyU3PDebugPrint()" function? Or how do I get the debug log from the device.
Can you please change the lppmode in iomatrix configuration to CY_U3P_IO_MATRIX_LPP_DEFAULT in UsbUart Example and test?