1 Reply Latest reply on May 19, 2019 10:26 PM by GyanC_36

Solar-powered sensor beacon continuously advertise at 100ms?

mamac_4245766

Hello all,

I have a CYALKIT-E02 with the solar powered beacon. I am attempting to use this beacon for another application, however, I need it to advertise continuosly and at a rapid rate (<= 250 msec). I have messed around with the project that comes with the IDE but am unable to get this to consistently transmit. Is this a function of it being solar-powered, and not having enough power to transmit continuously? Is there any way around this, other than bypassing with a battery, or a custom design?

Thank you,

Mark

• 1. Re: Solar-powered sensor beacon continuously advertise at 100ms?
          GyanC_36

Hi Mark,

As you already know that this kit is solar powered and the BLE devices gets power through PMIC which basically supports two modes as described at page # 9 of CYALKIT-E02 User guide (https://www.cypress.com/file/280601/download ) -

1) Demo mode, transmitting sensor data at 3- to 60-second intervals (without charging to a supercapacitor)

2) Timer mode, transmitting sensor data at 5-minute intervals while charging to the supercapacitor

So, using the solar power , it will be difficult to advertise at 100ms. You can also have a look down to the user guide for charging ,discharging profile of PMIC.

-Gyan 

1 of 1 people found this helpful