Multiple FX3 boards connected to one system take very long to enumerate

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JuCh_3556216
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 5 questions asked First reply posted

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to build an application where mutliple FX3 devices could potentially be connected to the same PC at any given time. These devices all rely on my PC application pushing them firmware, thus they are all configured to boot directly into bootloader mode. I'm having trouble with multiple boards taking very long to enumerate when plugged in or restarted. Once a single FX3 explorer board is plugged into my PC, every additional FX3 explorer I plug in will take several seconds to enumerate. Anyone know why this is? This behavior is particularly problematic when resetting a board back into bootloader mode in software.

0 Likes
2 Replies
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello,

- I understand that you are using FX3 SuperSpeed Explorer Kit while facing this issue. Please let me know if otherwise.

- Is the issue seen across different PCs and different OS?

- Capture the USB traces during failure and share the same.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello,

As FX3 is in Bootloader mode i.e. configured for USB boot, FX3 will come up as USB 2.0 device.

It could hardware issue or Host related issue

- Kindly, use USB IF certified  cables and check if the issue is reproducible

- If USB hub is used in between the host and device, please try connecting FX3 explorer kit directly to host.

- Check if the issue is seen with multiple host PCs and different ports of PC

- Please confirm latest official released driver is getting bind to devices

https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/design-support/tools/sdk/usb-controllers-sdk/ez-usb-fx3-software-dev... 

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes