CUSBS236 and Linux RaspberryPI

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ansac_4116916
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I am using CUSBS236 EVK connected to Linux Raspberry PI.

I can see the correspondent 2 ports correctly appearing as ttyACM0 and ttyACM1.

I set the baudrate to 460800 bps and I read bytes in rx, data are sent from a device connected on the uart sides of the converters. I cannot receive correct data.

If I plug same CUSBS236 EVK with same devices to the PC Windows instead of Raspberry PI, then I can see correct bytes arriving.

Do I need something else on the Raspberry PI side to let it work ? I use the ports from a simple cpp app with the usual usb serial functions open(int fd), cfsetispeed() and read(int fd) , same app works with other converters that appear as ttyUSB ports.

thank you

Antonio

0 Likes
1 Solution
YatheeshD_36
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello Antonio,

Please check if the terminal is set properly, so as to receive both carriage return (\r) and line feed (\n). If line feed is not received then the previous data will be overwritten. Are you receiving approximately the same number of bytes expected (sent)?

You can install and use minicom terminal which is just like tera term in windows. Please refer to this link : USB CDC with the Raspberry Pi | MCU on Eclipse 

Best Regards,

Yatheesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
YatheeshD_36
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello Antonio,

Please check if the terminal is set properly, so as to receive both carriage return (\r) and line feed (\n). If line feed is not received then the previous data will be overwritten. Are you receiving approximately the same number of bytes expected (sent)?

You can install and use minicom terminal which is just like tera term in windows. Please refer to this link : USB CDC with the Raspberry Pi | MCU on Eclipse 

Best Regards,

Yatheesh

0 Likes

thanks the setup is now OK, I can use the RaspberryPI 3 . problem was not strictly related to LineFeed but on how converters were powered. power was not completely off when we thought it was, apparently then the converter at the next startup was sending data retained after the failed power off.

0 Likes