cyw94343wwcd1_evb 12 v input

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
alorc_1643676
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

question asked to me,  does the cyw94343wwcd1 have a bridge power rectifier plug for 12 volts into the board. if so what port.

if more information or clarification is required, i can get it. thanks

aao

0 Likes
1 Solution

You should look at 43xxx_Wi-Fi/platforms/CYW94343WWCD1_EVB/platform.h for the pin mapping and declarations. Definitions for the same pins can be found at 43xxx_Wi-Fi/platforms/CYW94343WWCD1_EVB/platform.c

The pin mapping table is attached here from the platform.h.

pastedImage_0.png

In the 12V n-MOS driving through the base-board (CYW9WCD9EVAL1), the EVK is not rated to handle 12V. I would not be so sure to drive the n-MOS power through the base-board. Instead, I would recommend the power to be routed through a different board and if you want the PWM signals from MCU to be routed to the base of mos to implement some sort of PWM dimming, you need to depop R35 and R36 and then connect the MICRO_GPIO_0/1 lines from J7

Is the micro board being loaded with the compiled software or the base board chip

processor??  which is it??   since the software is being loaded for me, i really don't know where the run execution software(hex file) is running from??

The base board neither has the mcu nor the radio. It has the FTDI chip and ext flash mounted on it. When you are programming through USB, it goes through the FTDI chip to micro JTAG (STM32F411 JTAG which is located in the red colored daughter card). The application is basically running from the MCU located in daughter card (CYW94343WWCD1).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
RaktimR_11
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

CYW94343WWCD1 does not have a bridge power rectifier onboard.

In the same context, the DC power jack, denoted by J5, is present in the base-board (cyw9wcd9eval1), schematic of which is attached here

RaktimR,

I have a similar question:

I need the board to control multiple devices up to 12v but the power would be controlled and run

through the development board for our testing purposes, not the micro radio board CYW94343WWCD1.

So the question of a rectifier or bridge Rec, is relevant. We are trying to route or control the PWM using

an N-CH mosfet for multiple small devices with a total voltage of 12v output.

We are going to need to use multiple MICRO GPIO's  we need to map these to J2 on the cyw9wcd9eval1

when I look in platform.h.  I do not see and J2 mappings in the documentation??? I have provided below from your documentation. do you have these and can you send me these. I would greatly appreciate it.   Micro_GPIO_0 seems to have a Timer on it, can this be re-allocated.  I've looked through the multiple platform.h files and their obviously all different. But all should be able to be re-used for what we need. Let me know.

WICED_GPIO_11 | 36 | MICRO_GPIO_0 | WICED_GPIO_11 | B  0 | GPIO    | LED D4   | PWM_1   |
|           ||              |           | TIM3_CH3|          |  
WICED_GPIO_20 | 22 | MICRO_GPIO_2 | WICED_GPIO_20 | C  0 | GPIO    |          |  
ICED_GPIO_21 | 23 | MICRO_GPIO_3 | WICED_GPIO_21 | C  1 | GPIO    |          |         |
|           ||              |           |         |          |         |

+---------------+----+------------------+------+---------------+-------------+--------------+-------------+

| WICED_GPIO_22 | 24 | MICRO_GPIO_4 | WICED_GPIO_22 | C  2 | GPIO    |          |         |
|           ||              |           |         |          |         |

|---------------+----+------------------+---------------+------+-------------+--------------+-------------|

| WICED_GPIO_23 | 25 | MICRO_GPIO_5 | WICED_GPIO_23 | C  3 | GPIO    |         

Sincerely, and much apprecaited

0 Likes

RaktimR,

So I guess my question relates to this,  from the schematic I can see the physical mapping, but in the platform.h   I do not.   could you reconcile this for me.  Since their not listed in the platform.h file are they pre-assigned somewhere else ??.   Or can they be re-purposed for our specific application without any conflicts with the rest of the software platform.   In quicksilver platform you do have them listed and identified.

but not for the cyw94343 eval and micro board platform.

Also on a quick note,  is the micro board being loaded with the compiled software or the base board chip

processor??  which is it??   since the software is being loaded for me, i really don't know where the run execution software(hex file) is running from??

0 Likes

RaktimR

this is what i see in the platform.h files no logical mappings to physical  connection headers for J7 micro_cpio??

CYW943907AEVAL1F platform pin definitions ...

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+--------------+--------------------------------------------------+

| Enum ID       |Pin  |   Pin Name   | Mod |  Module Pin  Name       |  Board Net Name          | Header | Function     | Board Connection              | WICED Peripheral |

|               | #   |   on 43907   | Pin#|                         |                          | Conn   |              |                               | Alias            |

|---------------+-----+--------------+-----+-------------------------+--------------------------+--------+--------------+-------------------------------|------------------|

| WICED_GPIO_1  | 141 | GPIO_0       | C11 | GPIO_0                  | GPIO_0                   | J10:1  |  GPIO        | ARD_GPIO0                     |                  |

|---------------+-----+--------------+-----+-------------------------+--------------------------+--------+--------------+-------------------------------|------------------|

| WICED_GPIO_2  | 142 | GPIO_1       | A30 | GPIO_1_GSPI_MODE        | GPIO_1_GSPI_MODE         | J10:2  |  GPIO        | ARD_GPIO1                     |                  |

| WICED_GPIO_3  | 95  | GPIO_7       | A8  | GPIO_7_WCPU_BOOT_MODE   | GPIO_7_WCPU_BOOT_MODE    | J10:4  |  GPIO        | ARD_GPIO3 (PWM)               | WICED_PWM_6      |

| WICED_GPIO_4  | 134 | GPIO_8       | C16 | GPIO_8_TAP_SEL          | GPIO_8_TAP_SEL           | N/C    |  GPIO        | USER_2 Button                 | WICED_BUTTON1    |

| WICED_GPIO_5  | 94  | GPIO_9       | C15 | GPIO_9_USB_SEL          | GPIO_9                   | J12:6  |  GPIO        | ARD_SCK/LED_2                 | WICED_LED2       |

| WICED_GPIO_6  | 146 | GPIO_10      | A45 | GPIO_10                 | GPIO_10                  | J12:4  |  GPIO        | ARD_MOSI (PWM)                | WICED_PWM_1      |

| WICED_GPIO_7  | 140 | GPIO_11      | C4  | GPIO_11_ACPU_BOOT_MODE  | GPIO_11_ACPU_BOOT_MODE   | J12:3  |  GPIO        | ARD_SS (PWM)                  | WICED_PWM_2      |

| WICED_GPIO_8  | 143 | GPIO_12      | C14 | GPIO_12                 | GPIO_12                  | J12:5  |  GPIO        | ARD_MISO                      |                  |

| WICED_GPIO_9  | 131 | GPIO_13      | B28 | GPIO_13_SDIO_MODE       | GPIO_13_SDIO_MODE        | J10:3  |  GPIO        | ARD_GPIO2                     |                  |

| WICED_GPIO_10 | 130 | GPIO_14      | D8  | GPIO_14                 | GPIO_14                  | J10:5  |  GPIO        | ARD_GPIO4                     |                  |

| WICED_GPIO_11 | 145 | GPIO_15      | B26 | GPIO_15                 | GPIO_15                  | J10:7  |  GPIO        | ARD_GPIO6 (PWM)               | WICED_PWM_4      |

| WICED_GPIO_12 | 137 | GPIO_16      | B19 | GPIO_16                 | GPIO_16                  | J10:6  |  GPIO        | ARD_GPIO5 (PWM)               | WICED_PWM_3      |

| WICED_GPIO_13 | 185 | PWM_0        | C10 | PWM_0                   | PWM_0                    | N/C    |  PWM, GPIO   | uSD Connector/Slot Detect     |                  |

| WICED_GPIO_14 | 186 | PWM_1        | C9  | PWM_1                   | PWM_1                    | N/C    |  PWM, GPIO   | Auth Chip Reset               |                  |

| WICED_GPIO_15 | 190 | PWM_2        | A27 | PWM_2                   | PWM_2                    | N/C    |  PWM, GPIO   | Ethernet PHY Reset            |                  |

| WICED_GPIO_16 | 189 | PWM_3        | A26 | PWM_3                   | PWM_3                    | J6:7   |  PWM, GPIO   | TP4/LED_1                     | WICED_LED1       |

| WICED_GPIO_17 | 187 | PWM_4        | A31 | PWM_4                   | PWM_4                    | J6:1   |  PWM, GPIO   | ARD_GPIO9 (PWM)               | WICED_PWM_5      |

| WICED_GPIO_18 | 188 | PWM_5        | D7  | PWM_5                   | PWM_5                    | J6:2   |  PWM, GPIO   | USER_1 Button                 | WICED_BUTTON1    |

| WICED_GPIO_19 | 78  | SPI_0_MISO   | A12 | SPI_0_MISO              | SPI_0_MISO               | J6:17  |  SPI, GPIO   |                               | WICED_SPI_1      |

| WICED_GPIO_20 | 76  | SPI_0_CLK    | A11 | SPI_0_CLK               | SPI_0_CLK                | J6:12  |  SPI, GPIO   |                               | WICED_SPI_1      |

| WICED_GPIO_21 | 81  | SPI_0_MOSI   | A9  | SPI_0_MOSI              | SPI_0_MOSI               | J6:14  |  SPI, GPIO   |                               | WICED_SPI_1      |

| WICED_GPIO_22 | 82  | SPI_0_CS     | A10 | SPI_0_CS                | SPI_0_CS                 | J6:16  |  SPI, GPIO   |                               | WICED_SPI_1      |

| WICED_GPIO_23 | 139 | GPIO_2       | C13 | GPIO_2_JTAG_TCK         | GPIO_2_JTAG_TCK          | J3:9   |  GPIO        | DEBUGGER                      |                  |

| WICED_GPIO_24 | 144 | GPIO_3       | B20 | GPIO_3_JTAG_TMS         | GPIO_3_JTAG_TMS          | J3:7   |  GPIO        | DEBUGGER                      |                  |

| WICED_GPIO_25 | 136 | GPIO_4       | C3  | GPIO_4_JTAG_TDI         | GPIO_4_JTAG_TDI          | J3:3   |  GPIO        | DEBUGGER                      |                  |

| WICED_GPIO_26 | 132 | GPIO_5       | B4  | GPIO_5_JTAG_TDO         | GPIO_5_JTAG_TDO          | J3:5   |  GPIO        | DEBUGGER                      |                  |

| WICED_GPIO_27 | 133 | GPIO_6       | C2  | GPIO_6_JTAG_TRST_L      | GPIO_6_JTAG_TRST_L       | J3:1   |  GPIO        | DEBUGGER                      |                  |

| WICED_GPIO_28 | 153 | I2S_MCLK0    | B36 | I2S0_MCK                | I2S0_MCK                 | J6:3   |  I2S, GPIO   |                               | WICED_I2S_1/2    |

| WICED_GPIO_29 | 154 | I2S_SCLK0    | B35 | I2S0_SCK_BCLK           | I2S0_SCK_BCLK            | J6:5   |  I2S, GPIO   |                               | WICED_I2S_1/2    |

| WICED_GPIO_30 | 163 | I2S_LRCLK0   | A51 | I2S0_WS_LRCLK           | I2S0_WS_LRCLK            | J6:6   |  I2S, GPIO   |                               | WICED_I2S_1/2    |

| WICED_GPIO_31 | 164 | I2S_SDATAI0  | A50 | I2S0_SD_IN              | I2S0_SD_IN               | J10:8  |  I2S, GPIO   | ARD_GPIO7                     | WICED_I2S_1/2    |

| WICED_GPIO_32 | 161 | I2S_SDATAO0  | A48 | I2S0_SD_OUT             | I2S0_SD_OUT              | J6:4   |  I2S, GPIO   |                               | WICED_I2S_1/2    |

| WICED_GPIO_33 | 158 | I2S_MCLK1    | D5  | I2S1_MCK                | I2S1_MCK                 | J6:26  |  I2S, GPIO   |                               | WICED_I2S_3/4    |

| WICED_GPIO_34 | 160 | I2S_SCLK1    | B1  | I2S1_SCK_BCLK           | I2S1_SCK_BCLK            | J6:29  |  I2S, GPIO   |                               | WICED_I2S_3/4    |

| WICED_GPIO_35 | 162 | I2S_LRCLK1   | A49 | I2S1_WS_LRCLK           | I2S1_WS_LRCLK            | J6:27  |  I2S, GPIO   |                               | WICED_I2S_3/4    |

| WICED_GPIO_36 | 156 | I2S_SDATAI1  | B38 | I2S1_SD_IN              | I2S1_SD_IN               | J12:1  |  I2S, GPIO   | ARD_GPIO8                     | WICED_I2S_3/4    |

| WICED_GPIO_37 | 155 | I2S_SDATAO1  | B37 | I2S1_SD_OUT             | I2S1_SD_OUT              | J6:10  |  I2S, GPIO   |                               | WICED_I2S_3/4    |

| WICED_GPIO_38 | 83  | SPI_1_CLK    | B32 | SPI_1_CLK               | SPI_1_CLK                | J6:9   |  SPI         |                               | WICED_SPI_2      |

| WICED_GPIO_39 | 84  | SPI_1_MISO   | B31 | SPI_1_MISO              | SPI_1_MISO               | J6:11  |  SPI         |                               | WICED_SPI_2      |

| WICED_GPIO_40 | 86  | SPI_1_MOSI   | B30 | SPI_1_MOSI              | SPI_1_MOSI               | J6:13  |  SPI         |                               | WICED_SPI_2      |

| WICED_GPIO_41 | 80  | SPI_1_CS     | B33 | SPI_1_CS                | SPI_1_CS                 | J6:15  |  SPI         |                               | WICED_SPI_2      |

| WICED_GPIO_42 | 152 | SDIO_CLK     | B25 | SDIO_CLK                | SDIO_CLK                 | J6:32  |  SDIO        | uSD Connector/Slot            |                  |

| WICED_GPIO_43 | 151 | SDIO_CMD     | B24 | SDIO_CMD                | SDIO_CMD                 | J6:33  |  SDIO        | uSD Connector/Slot            |                  |

| WICED_GPIO_44 | 150 | SDIO_DATA0   | B23 | SDIO_DATA0              | SDIO_DATA_0              | J6:31  |  SDIO        | uSD Connector/Slot            |                  |

| WICED_GPIO_45 | 149 | SDIO_DATA1   | B22 | SDIO_DATA1              | SDIO_DATA_1              | J6:30  |  SDIO        | uSD Connector/Slot            |                  |

| WICED_GPIO_46 | 148 | SDIO_DATA2   | B21 | SDIO_DATA2              | SDIO_DATA_2              | J6:35  |  SDIO        | uSD Connector/Slot            |                  |

| WICED_GPIO_47 | 147 | SDIO_DATA3   | B27 | SDIO_DATA3              | SDIO_DATA_3              | J6:34  |  SDIO        | uSD Connector/Slot            |                  |

| WICED_GPIO_48 | 93  | I2C0_SDATA   | A46 | I2C_0_SDA               | I2C_0_SDA                | J6:25  |  I2C, GPIO   | External ADC / Auth chip      | WICED_I2C_1      |

| WICED_GPIO_49 | 92  | I2C0_CLK     | A47 | I2C_0_SCL               | I2C_0_SCL                | J6:23  |  I2C, GPIO   | External ADC / Auth chip      | WICED_I2C_1      |

|---------------+-----+--------------+-----+-------------------------+--------------------------+------- +--------------+-------------------------------|------------------|

| WICED_GPIO_50 | 90  | I2C1_SDATA   | C1  | I2C_1_SDA               | I2C_1_SDA                | J12:9  |  I2C         |                               | WICED_I2C_2      |

| WICED_GPIO_51 | 89  | I2C1_CLK     | B2  | I2C_1_SCL               | I2C_1_SCL                | J12:10 |  I2C         |                               | WICED_I2C_2      |

|               |     |              |     |                         | ARD_AD0                  | J13:1  |  ADC         | External ADC Channel 0        |                  |

|               |     |              |     |                         | ARD_AD1                  | J13:2  |  ADC         | External ADC Channel 1        |                  |

|               |     |              |     |                         | ARD_AD2                  | J13:3  |  ADC         | External ADC Channel 2        |                  |

|               |     |              |     |                         | ARD_AD3                  | J13:4  |  ADC         | External ADC Channel 3        |                  |

|               |     |              |     |                         | ARD_AD4_SDA              | J13:5  |  ADC         | External ADC Channel 4        |                  |

|               |     |              |     |                         | ARD_AD5_SCL              | J13:6  |  ADC         | External ADC Channel 5        |                  |

+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+------------------+

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

| Enum ID                 |Pin  |   Pin Name on |  Module Pin Name                         | Mod |  Board Net Name             | Header |  Peripheral    |

|                         | #   |      43907    |                                          | Pin#|                             | Conn   |  Available     |

|-------------------------+-----+---------------+------------------------------------------+-----+-----------------------------+--------+----------------+

| WICED_PERIPHERAL_PIN_1  | 202 | RF_SW_CTRL_6  | RF_SW_CTRL_6_UART1_RX_IN                 | B18 |  RF_SW_CTRL_6_UART1_RXD     | J6:36  |  WICED_UART_1  |

|-------------------------+-----+---------------+------------------------------------------+-----+-----------------------------+--------+----------------+

| WICED_PERIPHERAL_PIN_2  | 201 | RF_SW_CTRL_7  | RF_SW_CTRL_7_RSRC_INIT_MODE_UART1_TX_OUT | B15 |  RF_SW_CTRL_7_UART1_TXD     | J6:37  |  WICED_UART_1  |

| WICED_PERIPHERAL_PIN_3  | 88  | UART0_RXD     | UART0_RXD_IN                             | A52 |  UART0_RXD_IN               | J6:18  |  WICED_UART_2  |

| WICED_PERIPHERAL_PIN_4  | 87  | UART0_TXD     | UART0_TXD_OUT                            | A55 |  UART0_TXD_OUT              | J6:20  |  WICED_UART_2  |

| WICED_PERIPHERAL_PIN_5  | 85  | UART0_CTS     | UART0_CTS_IN                             | A54 |  UART0_CTS_IN               | J6:22  |  WICED_UART_2  |

| WICED_PERIPHERAL_PIN_6  | 91  | UART0_RTS     | UART0_RTS_OUT                            | A53 |  UART0_RTS_OUT              | J6:24  |  WICED_UART_2  |

| WICED_PERIPHERAL_PIN_7  | 200 | RF_SW_CTRL_8  | RF_SW_CTRL_8_UART2_RXD                   | B14 |  RF_SW_CTRL_8_UART2_RXD     | J6:38  |  WICED_UART_3  |

| WICED_PERIPHERAL_PIN_8  | 196 | RF_SW_CTRL_9  | RF_SW_CTRL_9_HIB_LPO_SEL_UART2_TX        | C7  |  RF_SW_CTRL_9_UART2_TXD     | J6:39  |  WICED_UART_3  |

*/

0 Likes

RaktimR

Sorry I meant J7  not J2, in the previous reply,  apologies.

0 Likes

You should look at 43xxx_Wi-Fi/platforms/CYW94343WWCD1_EVB/platform.h for the pin mapping and declarations. Definitions for the same pins can be found at 43xxx_Wi-Fi/platforms/CYW94343WWCD1_EVB/platform.c

The pin mapping table is attached here from the platform.h.

pastedImage_0.png

In the 12V n-MOS driving through the base-board (CYW9WCD9EVAL1), the EVK is not rated to handle 12V. I would not be so sure to drive the n-MOS power through the base-board. Instead, I would recommend the power to be routed through a different board and if you want the PWM signals from MCU to be routed to the base of mos to implement some sort of PWM dimming, you need to depop R35 and R36 and then connect the MICRO_GPIO_0/1 lines from J7

Is the micro board being loaded with the compiled software or the base board chip

The base board neither has the mcu nor the radio. It has the FTDI chip and ext flash mounted on it. When you are programming through USB, it goes through the FTDI chip to micro JTAG (STM32F411 JTAG which is located in the red colored daughter card). The application is basically running from the MCU located in daughter card (CYW94343WWCD1).

0 Likes