CYW43438: Pi 3B - log file or diagnostic script to assess real-time performance?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MiKi_4159711
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

Is there a diagnostic script or log file in Raspbian or Ubuntu Linux that shows the active WiFi status of the CYW43438 during operation?

I have Bluetooth disabled.

Things I am looking for:

1) What is the current MCS being used?   What are current channel conditions that would reduce data rates?

2) Dump information showing which factors contributed to selection of the current data rate?

Interference?   Poor receive signal?   Other ?

3) During prolonged Tx events, the chip gets hot.  Does CYW43438 reduce Tx speed to prevent overheating?

Would a heatsink prevent this?

Regards,
Mike K.

0 Likes
1 Solution
VinayakS_26
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Hi,

1 >> Please use the iw command to find the MCS rate currently used.

iw dev wlan0 link

or

iw dev wlan0 station dump

I am not quite sure of what you meant by channel conditions?

2. you need to use the wl utility to display the RSSI , and status of the connections.

3. Thermal throttling is still under development for cyw43438. You would have to use a different firmware for 43438 once the release happen with throttle feature enabled. Nvram parameters should also be tweaked in that case.

Regards

View solution in original post

1 Reply
VinayakS_26
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Hi,

1 >> Please use the iw command to find the MCS rate currently used.

iw dev wlan0 link

or

iw dev wlan0 station dump

I am not quite sure of what you meant by channel conditions?

2. you need to use the wl utility to display the RSSI , and status of the connections.

3. Thermal throttling is still under development for cyw43438. You would have to use a different firmware for 43438 once the release happen with throttle feature enabled. Nvram parameters should also be tweaked in that case.

Regards