How do I control the written byte length of hex file?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
seca_3937536
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to control the number of bytes written to each line of my output hex file.  Right now it is 40 bytes per line for my PSoC Creator 4.2 project with a CY8C4245LQI-483, and I would prefer 10 bytes per line.  The reason for this is the length of our hostlink buffer.  Have I missed something in order to control this?

0 Likes
1 Solution
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hi,

"40 bytes per line for my PSoC Creator 4.2 project with a CY8C4245LQI-483, and I would prefer 10 bytes per line"

By this line I think you meant that:

0x40 bytes per line will mean there will be 64 bytes in data field of flash row.

This phenomenon is explained at page#7-9 and page#45 of this programming spec available at this link:

https://www.cypress.com/file/409516/download

There is no as such any control available for controlling the no. bytes in a flash row in Creator or PSoC Programmer, its fixed by target PSoC device.

You can write your own script to parse the output hex file as required.

Thanks,

Ankita

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hi,

"40 bytes per line for my PSoC Creator 4.2 project with a CY8C4245LQI-483, and I would prefer 10 bytes per line"

By this line I think you meant that:

0x40 bytes per line will mean there will be 64 bytes in data field of flash row.

This phenomenon is explained at page#7-9 and page#45 of this programming spec available at this link:

https://www.cypress.com/file/409516/download

There is no as such any control available for controlling the no. bytes in a flash row in Creator or PSoC Programmer, its fixed by target PSoC device.

You can write your own script to parse the output hex file as required.

Thanks,

Ankita

0 Likes