Route interrupt signal to pin?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
euggersh
Level 5
Level 5
5 sign-ins First solution authored 50 replies posted

With previous PSoC generations, routing DMA requests and interrupt requests to external pins was a good way to debug DMA configurations with a logic analyzer.  When I try to do this on a PSoC 6, I get a placement error.  Is there some workaround that would allow me to see an interrupt signal from a DMA component on a GPIO?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Hari
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi

It is not possible to route a GPIO pin to an interrupt pin.

Instead, enable the tr_out pin of the DMA component. You can do so by checking the Trigger Output checkbox in DMA properties.

pastedImage_1.png

Then, a tr_out pin will appear on the DMA component and a GPIO pin can be connected to this to observe any DMA transaction. It generates a pulse on every element transfer completion by default. It can also be set to generate a pulse on every X loop transfer completion, descriptor completion or on completion of entire descriptor chain.

This is the output that I received. Please let us know if this is what you require. A pulse was generated upon reception of every element.

pastedImage_32.png

Thanks and regards

Harigovind

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Hari
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi

It is not possible to route a GPIO pin to an interrupt pin.

Instead, enable the tr_out pin of the DMA component. You can do so by checking the Trigger Output checkbox in DMA properties.

pastedImage_1.png

Then, a tr_out pin will appear on the DMA component and a GPIO pin can be connected to this to observe any DMA transaction. It generates a pulse on every element transfer completion by default. It can also be set to generate a pulse on every X loop transfer completion, descriptor completion or on completion of entire descriptor chain.

This is the output that I received. Please let us know if this is what you require. A pulse was generated upon reception of every element.

pastedImage_32.png

Thanks and regards

Harigovind

euggersh
Level 5
Level 5
5 sign-ins First solution authored 50 replies posted

This is perfect. Thank you!

0 Likes