I would like to connect a FX3 with a microcontroller like STM32H7 equipped with a FMC, FMC stands for Flexible memory controller, a port for connecting RAMs and flashes, short description from
Flexible external memory controller with up to 32-bit data bus:
– SRAM, PSRAM, NOR Flash memory clocked up to 133 MHz in synchronous mode
– SDRAM/LPSDR SDRAM
– 8/16-bit NAND Flash memories
I have the following questions:
- I have found examples of FX3 connected to FPGA's but not to processor, if there is one example, could you highlight?
- would it be possible to direct connect micro and FX3 or there is a clear need of some sort of buffer/translator from the electrical or logical point of view?
- if the matching works, what could be the best performance I might expect?
I think that FX3 would be configured as FIFO slave as described in
thanks for your help
If you just want to transfer data from your controller to FX3, then you can consider implementing slave FIFO interface which is shown AN65974 as you mentioned. The GPIF lines which gets connected to your controller is recommended to have 22Ohm series resistance (Please refer AN70707).