On board debug support

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have been using WICED smartbridge for some product development. I'm using both WiFi and BTLE modules. Now, I would like to build proto boards for which on board debugger and programmer is needed as it is in case of WICED smart bridge. So, I can distribute the boards to various teams for further development. To save cost and time, I'm thinking to retain same FTDI chip on the breakable or extension board to support on board USB to JTAG interface to WiFi and BTLE modules.

I purchased one ST-LINK debugger, but I'm unable to use it. Also the tool is expensive to buy 20 to 25 units. I need your support in configuring FT2232H to mimic similar function as in case of WICED smartbridge to continue using Broadcom's SDK. This will help me build common platform for future developments.

Please suggest a solution.

Basavaraj

0 Likes
1 Solution
SeyhanA_31
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hi,

The same FTDI chip on the BCM943341WCD1 EVB could be used on your target board as well. Please follow the same connections on your target as well as in BCM943341WCD1 EVB.

Here is a blog about Wiced FTDI chip programming, WICED FTDI chip programming.

Another option is using Olimex ARM-USB-TINY-H debugger. In this case only the JTAG pins needs to be routed to a header.

Seyhan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
SeyhanA_31
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hi,

The same FTDI chip on the BCM943341WCD1 EVB could be used on your target board as well. Please follow the same connections on your target as well as in BCM943341WCD1 EVB.

Here is a blog about Wiced FTDI chip programming, WICED FTDI chip programming.

Another option is using Olimex ARM-USB-TINY-H debugger. In this case only the JTAG pins needs to be routed to a header.

Seyhan

0 Likes