Flash write protection

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
D_Sd_3235936
Level 4
Level 4
25 sign-ins 50 questions asked 25 replies posted

I am concerned that CySysFlashWriteRow can write to whatever flash row I hand it.

Is there an API that allows protection when writing to flash, something that will write only to the "free" flash rows in the MCU?

0 Likes
1 Solution
GeonaP_26
250 solutions authored 100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored

CySysFlashWriteRow(uint32 rowNum, const uint8 rowData[]) API will fail and return CY_SYS_FLASH_PROTECTED if the corresponding row(rowNum) is protected in Flash Security tab. Please let me know if it helps.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
GeonaP_26
250 solutions authored 100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored

CySysFlashWriteRow(uint32 rowNum, const uint8 rowData[]) API will fail and return CY_SYS_FLASH_PROTECTED if the corresponding row(rowNum) is protected in Flash Security tab. Please let me know if it helps.

How can i set that no bottloadable code data is overwritten?

0 Likes

Bootloader updates bootloadable device flash region during bootloading. As internal flash operations are required for bootloading functionality, please set the bootloadable flash rows and metadata row to be unprotected in PSoC 4 or field upgrade in PSoC 5. Please refer to sectons: Flash Protection and Example of Flash Protection from AN68272 ​for more details.

0 Likes