Here's the steps you can try to update your device:
1. Open the your Windows device manager.
2. Connect the adapter without PD.
3. Find out your device in your device manager no matter its name is USB BRIDGE or not.
4. Manually update its driver to Billboard Bridge Vendor MFG. (Same operation as step 4,5,6 KB article #103 )
5. Open EZ-PD Configuration Utility to check if it can recognize your device.
In the meaning time, you can contact Cable Matters to check if they have experience in solving your issue.