Password on 2 BLE

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
saga_1136906
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 10 sign-ins

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to find a way to make two BLE modules communicate under password. I would like them to check a password, unique for both of them, defined in both modules and then connect if the check was successful. I read "Day016_Authentication" but I am confused because a new pw is always generated and in any case there is always a need for a screen and keyboard, which is not available to me.

Can someone help me?

Thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
GyanC_36
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

You can use a fixed passkey for your application. Please refer attached project for setting a fixed passkey. If you do not have I/O capabilities for entering the passkey in other device , you can use API CyBle_GapAuthPassKeyReply() on request event CYBLE_EVT_GAP_PASSKEY_ENTRY_REQUEST.

-Gyan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
GyanC_36
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

You can use a fixed passkey for your application. Please refer attached project for setting a fixed passkey. If you do not have I/O capabilities for entering the passkey in other device , you can use API CyBle_GapAuthPassKeyReply() on request event CYBLE_EVT_GAP_PASSKEY_ENTRY_REQUEST.

-Gyan

0 Likes