How can I configure CYW20719 to use Data Length Extension?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jobec_4074836
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have the CYW20719Q40EVB-01 board and am trying to conduct througput tests over BLE and BR/EDR between the board an a Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact (supporting Bluetooth 5). The problems I'm experiencing only regards BLE. When connecting to the device I'm setting the preffered PHY to LE_2M which returns SUCCESS but when I'm sending bigger chunks of data and calculate the throughput, it seems that the PDU-size has not been extended to enable 251 byte payloads. The carachteristics for transmitting data have been setup for 247 bytes.

Is there a way to increase the Link Layer RX/TX payload size in wiced studio?

Best regards

John Bergelin

0 Likes
1 Solution
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

Hi John,

For characteristics exceeding the MTU, Android breaks the data into chunks and sends multiple blob packets. As far as I know, Android supports max 23 Bytes MTU size. So this can be one of the reason for low throughput.

I would suggest to use CySmart – Bluetooth® LE Test and Debug Tool for connection,we have observed increased throughput using CySmart dongle.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

Hi John,

For characteristics exceeding the MTU, Android breaks the data into chunks and sends multiple blob packets. As far as I know, Android supports max 23 Bytes MTU size. So this can be one of the reason for low throughput.

I would suggest to use CySmart – Bluetooth® LE Test and Debug Tool for connection,we have observed increased throughput using CySmart dongle.