3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 7, 2019 7:37 PM by XiaoweiZ_71

Program lifecycle with custom app

JeHu_3414236

I want to develop a Windows app that does nothing but set the lifecycle to Secure.  I think I can use the PSoC Programmer example from Programmer\Examples\Programming\PSoC6\SWD\C_Sharp and this API:

PSoC6_WriteProtection(byte IN lifeCycle, nvector IN secureRestrict, nvector IN deadRestrict, bool IN voltageVerification, string OUT strError)

I tried first to read the protection with this code:

byte chipProtect;

hr = pp.PSoC6_ReadProtection(out chipProtect, out strError);

if (SUCCEEDED(hr))

{

Console.WriteLine(string.Format("Chip protection data: {0}", chipProtect));

}

else

Console.WriteLine(strError);

It gives the error "This PSoC device doesn't support PSoC6_ReadProtection() API".  In PSoC Programmer this is the chip info:

| Automatically Detected Device: CY8C6136FTI-F42

| Silicon: 0xE236, Family: 0x100, Rev.: 0x23 (*C)

| SROM Firmware: 4.01, Flash Boot: 1.20.1.42 (*C)

| Protection state: 0x02 (NORMAL), Life Cycle stage: 0x01 (NORMAL)

I don't want to destroy any boards testing the PSoC6_WriteProtection() function so I want to know why the PSoC6_ReadProtection() fails first.  Does anyone have a working app that sets lifecycle to Secure so I can test?