a question about FX3: where is the source code of the streamOUT.img(or loopback.img)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jach_4066871
Level 1
Level 1

hi there, these days i was designing the GPIFII interface of FX3. cypress company has provided four image file (streamout.img, streamout.img,loopback.img,short_zlp.img,) for learning different configuration of GPIFII.  now i want to see the source project of the streamout.img and modify some code to generate different configurantion.. And i have read the AN65974, there is not enough description of how to modify and use the source project to generate the streamout.img. besides, there is a project file (slaveFifoSync) with AN65974, i don't know if it is the source code of those four image files.

0 Likes
1 Solution
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello,

The macro definitions "LOOPBACK_SHRT_ZLP", "STREAM_IN_OUT" determine the firmware functionality. The IMG files included with the App Note were built with one of these macros defined and were re-named accordingly. The source code that comes with the App Note is applicable for all the four IMG files and the functionality depends on the macro defined.

Best regards,

Srinath S

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello,

The macro definitions "LOOPBACK_SHRT_ZLP", "STREAM_IN_OUT" determine the firmware functionality. The IMG files included with the App Note were built with one of these macros defined and were re-named accordingly. The source code that comes with the App Note is applicable for all the four IMG files and the functionality depends on the macro defined.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes

Thanks, your reply helps me a lot.

0 Likes