If the image sensor/ASIC has a 32-bit-wide data bus, you would need to change the GPIF II interface to accommodate the data bus. To accomplish this, take the following steps:
- Open the ImageSensorInterface.cyfx project in the GPIF II Designer. (This project may not be directly compiled.)
2. Go to File->Save Project As.
- Save the project in a convenient location with a convenient name in the dialog box that will appear.
- Close the currently open project (File->Close Project).
- Open the project that was saved in step 3.
- Go to the Interface Definition tab and choose the 32 Bit option for Address/Data Bus Usage setting.
- Go to the State Machine tab.
- In the state machine canvas, double-click the LD_DATA_COUNT action inside the WAIT_FOR_FRAME_START state. Change the counter limit value to 4091.
- Do the same for LD_ADDR_COUNT action.
- Save the Project.
- Build the Project.
- Copy the newly generated cyfxgpif2config.h header file from the location selected in Step 3 to the firmware project directory. You will overwrite the existing cyfxgpif2config.h file if there is one. Find the firmware project directory, cyfxuvc_an75779, inside the zip file of the attached source. Note: If you are changing the GPIF II bus width to 32 bits, make sure the iomatrix configuration in the firmware has the isDQ32Bit parameter set to CyTrue.
I also tried to do the same thing but FX3 stopped sending image after changes described above.
What should be the length of data valid in case of 32-bit?
Obviously there should be some limitation on length of pause between DV and probably between FV raise/fall and DV. What are they?