Bluetooth based HomeKit capabilities/libraries will be available to MFi licensees on a new series of devices that should be announced shortly. I believe there will be provisions on the eval board for the Apple Authentication chip.
I believe there will be provisions on the eval board for the Apple Authentication chip.
Hi, eval board may include Apple Authentication chip but how about if I go for mass production with just your chip?
I was just wonder whether I will need to buy Apple Authentication chip for each accessory that we are going to produce even after I buy your chip to create an HomeKit Accessory.
Procurement of Authentication Device occurs through the Apple MFi portal managed by Avnet
Authentication device required
- All Wi-Fi devices require Authentication
- All BLE devices which create an action from an i-Device running HomeKit
- Door Lock, Garage Door, Switch, Smart Plug, Window Shade, etc.
- Note: A light bulb is an exception as it talks to a bridge device which aggregates BLE and Zigbee to Wi-Fi and that device has Authentication
No Authentication device required
- A BLE device which communicates to a bridge and provides information only
- Light Bulb, Simple Sensors (temp, motion, etc.)
I do know that Authentication is require.
I am not asking for devices that I will need authentication.
Let me clear my question.
As I understand that we need an mfi authentication chip in order to build an accessory to authorise by Apple.
I just want to know is whether your chip will include that Apple authentication chip inbuilt or I need to buy from apple to create a HomeKit accessory.
I might be wrong or so.
So by simple, do I need any other chips other then our existing hardware + your homekit enable chips (wifi or BTLE)??
Thank you very much for your information.
I will try to find out the details.