BLE on PSoC6 WIFI-BT Pioneer with Modustoolbox

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DaTs_4107721
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked First reply posted First like given

Hello Cypress,

Firstly, thanks for the great Modustoolbox, it's life-saving.

I am currently working on the BLE of PSoC 6 WIFI-BT Pioneer Kit (CY8CKIT-062-WIFI-BT) with Modustoolbox

I found the CE212736_PSoC6_BLE_FindMe example on Github, the example is for CY8CKIT-062-BLE but it says it's suitable for all PSoC 6 MCU with BLE connectivity parts.

Thus I want to adopt it to my board, however I can not find any BLE component in "Configure Device" part and nor BLE in middleware presented, and the compile fails saying "The BLE middleware is not supported on this device"

My steps are

1. Open "New Application" and select my board

2. Import the example in the next, and then create.

I have a kind of sense that CY8CKIT-062-BLE have different connectivity part as CY8CKIT-062-WIFI-BT, so probably it's why it won't work.

Yet is there any other example or instruction for setting up the BLE component on CY8CKIT-062-WIFI-BT.

Thanks for your help

Cheers,

Daniel.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Daniel,

You can get code examples for Murata LBEE5KL1DX-883 on WICED studio only.

The method to program the Wifi-BT module (LBEE5KL1DX-883) on CY8CKIT-062-WIFI-BT kit is explained on this thread:

WiFi-BT PSOC Creator Wiced combination, have questions (CY8CKIT-062-WiFi-BT)

Regards,

Ankita

View solution in original post

3 Replies
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hi Daniel,

The CY8CKIT-062-WIFI-BT Pioneer board features an onboard WiFi and Bluetooth combination Cypress (PSoC 6 WiFi-BT Pioneer Kit  =  CY8C6247BZI-D54  +  Murata LBEE5KL1DX-883) module to demonstrate the wireless communication features.

CY8CPROTO-062-4343W (PSoC6 WiFi + BT Prototyping Kit)  = CY8C624ABZI-D44  +  CYW43438.

Both the two DVKs use PSoC 62 series devices, which does not have inside BLE functionality. They are just bare host controllers.

If you set up a project for PSoC6 Wi-Fi + BT Pioneer Kit, it can not to be flashed directly on the CY8CPROTO-062-4343W, because the two DVK boards are totally different.

Regards

0 Likes

Hi Ankita,

Thanks a lot for the detailed explanation, it cleared lots of my misunderstanding of the DVKs.

Knowing that using the example code on my board is not possible,

is there any other instructions or document for Murata LBEE5KL1DX-883 with Modustoolbox available?

Still want to develop BLE Application on my board with Modustoolbox.

Thanks.

Cheers,

Daniel

0 Likes

Hi Daniel,

You can get code examples for Murata LBEE5KL1DX-883 on WICED studio only.

The method to program the Wifi-BT module (LBEE5KL1DX-883) on CY8CKIT-062-WIFI-BT kit is explained on this thread:

WiFi-BT PSOC Creator Wiced combination, have questions (CY8CKIT-062-WiFi-BT)

Regards,

Ankita