FX3 state machine for UVC

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
allic_2250476
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Cypress,

I want to connect my ic and Cypress fx3 by GPIFII, my ic is GPIFII master, fx3 is slave.

I modified UVC firmware of AN75775 as uvc.7z.

I modified cyfx by gpif tool, I set I/O matrix configuration in accordance with my requirement, but I don't modify state machine, I don't know how to design it, it looks very complex.

After modifying, my fx3 couldn't receive any data, my cyfx file and cyfxgpif2config.h in the fx3_uvc.cydsn.7z, could you check or modify it ?

Thanks.

0 Likes
6 Replies
KandlaguntaR_36
25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored

It looks like you need the Slave FIFO interface on GPIF II but you have referred AN75779 - which is actually for connecting an image sensor for the uvc application.

Can you please tell me the requirement?

Please refer AN65974, if you need a slave fifo interface.

0 Likes

Hi KandlaguntaR_36

My ic replaces original AN75779 sensor, my ic is driven by other method, my plan sends the H264 or YUV or RAW from my ic to fx3 by GPIFII, PC gets H264 or YUV or RAW by fx3 USB3, it uses UVC mode.

0 Likes

If that is the case, why do you need to change the state machine?

Your IC would have generated the FV and LV, and use AN75779 state machine. Right?

0 Likes

Hi KandlaguntaR_36

No, my ic doesn't output FV and LV, IO matrix configuration of my is like the below diagram and my attachment's file (fx3_uvc.cydsn.7z), application processor is my ic's interface

IO_Config.JPG

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi KandlaguntaR_36

I modified a new firmware version for gpifToUvcBulk (cyfxuvc_uvcbulk_20190327.7z), but it still has some issue, dmaMultiConfig.size sets 16384, dmaMultiConfig.count sets 4, CyU3PDmaMultiChannelCommitBuffer sends 16384*4 bytes to PC, PC receives 16384*4 bytes successfully, after that, CyFxUvcApplnDmaCallback receives CY_U3P_DMA_CB_CONS_EVENT, fx3 can't receive any data from my ic.

I think dma buffer is full, so stop my ic to send data to fx3 by gpif, how do I correct it ?

0 Likes

Hi KandlaguntaR_36

I already found the answer, thanks for your support.

0 Likes